Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finding gold

John D.

I have been metal detecting for about six years, I have owned an ACE 150 and a ACE 250. At the present time I own a GTP 1350 and I have found enough silver coins to pay for my hobby. My question is, can a person find gold with a GTP 1350 or must I buy a detector specifically for gold?
Thank You in advance for your help.
Your Friend,
John D.

Practically every detector made will find gold!!

Whether they will discriminate out trash, find gold at depth, find "small gold", and offer consistent performance at a reasonable price are another matter!

I'm not familiar with your GTP, but I thought maybe I could get the ball rolling with a broader topic!

GL&HH Fellow Hunter,

CJ

You can find gold pretty well with all detectors. Rings, are the easiest to detect, because of the strong eddy response from the transmitter signal. Unfortunately, a lot of gold shows up under the pulltab icon on the display, which means digging a lot of pulltabs. Hunting natural gold is more productive if you look in the right places, with a metal detector specifically designed for gold. Garrett has both the Infinium and Gold Stinger Scorpion as two machines designed to find gold.

Man, the machine that you use now should be great for finding gold(jewelry).:detecting:Remember, in order to find the gold jewelry(rings, etc.)you need to dig ALOT of junk. For instance, many rings show up as pulltabs. It's a completely different animal than searching for coins.:wiggle: Man, Garrett machines are great for gold jewelry.:garrett: Of course, you must search in areas where gold jewelry was/is likely to have been lost, such as the beach or lake swimming areas, tot lots(playgrounds), sports fields, etc.
Now, if you're searching for natural gold(nuggets)it is of course best to use a dedicated gold machine such as the Scorpion or Infinium(which are both great for gold jewelry as well).
I think that's great that you've been finding silver coins.:clapping:WTG!:thumbup:Best of luck to ya in your quest for gold.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)