Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finding Silver Coins at Flea Markets, Garage Sales, and Elsewhere.

My coin collecting hobby sprouted out of my metal detecting hobby, and I've been developing a pretty keen eye for silver coins at flea markets, garage sales, and wherever it might pop up (above ground).

One of my best flea market finds came a couple of weeks ago when I picked up 35 war nickels for $30. Two of them (1945-S) seem to have a minting error on them, so I'm hoping for an even bigger score if they're significant errors.

My best find overall, though, are the three Morgan and two Peace Dollars that I fell into by accident. A guy at a gas station was trying to sell them to the clerk (who wasn't interested). I paid a total of $65 for all five and he threw in a silver Mexican 10 peso coin as well.

Finally, in a bag of "junk" jewelry that I bought at a flea market contained a pin that was made of four 1880s dutch ten ore silver peices. If they weren't welded together they might have rivaled or surpassed the value of the silver dollars above! Also in that bag was a designer bll watch, a silver roosevelt tie tack (same image as on the dime), and half of a silver spoon.

I have found all of this in a matter of a couple of months and without even really trying. I will say though that coins are definitely becoming my prime targets when I hit the sales and flea markets.

Any other stories of successful silver hunts at garage sales and flea markets?

I go to these garage sales and end up with a bunch of stuff my wife wants to put in the trash. So far I have broke even dollar wise on the stuff I acquired.