Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Findlay Ohio - Detecting Opportunities

Coin Rescue Inc

Hi,
So here is my situation- 3 or 5 times a year my wife and I travel to Findlay to visit and stay with relatives over a week end.
This Saturday we plan to arrive in town mid Morning. Aug 20th.
Reading up on the history of Findlay you can see it has a some early history and potential for older coins and things.
I also looked up the County Park info and see they rule out digging and what I assume would be a no on metal detecting. There are a lot of parks
An alternate place to go might be schools.
So what I am looking for is any information on what is allowed or not allowed that would assist my efforts for a successful outing and I am not opposed to meeting up with someone to buddy up for an hour or two to try my luck with my D2
My Brother-in-law is 50/50 on his desire to detect but he might come along. He is just not as dedicated as I am.

Try to do a little more digging. Ask older people where the fairs were held. Hopefully they'll be on vacant lots. Try find out where the oldest school's were and since torn down. Search for one room schools in Ohio. Some people have websites where they've logged them.
A few of them are little homes today.
Any swimming or fishing holes nearby ?
And most curb strips are public property.
Still good to ask near by property owners.
Public library usually will have a good deal of this information.
Good Luck

Last March I found a the area where the first Oil Well was dug in 1886. There was quite a bit of vacant land around that spot. So I have some hope that area might prove interesting.
There is a county fair grounds that is fenced in and the gates seem to be open every time I visit.