Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FINDMALL on Tesoro Website??

MI-AuAg

I was just on the Tesoro website.

In the information section under "TESORO Forums", "Tesoro Forum on Findmall" is listed. It is a direct link to the new "Beep & Dig Detecting Forum" here, yet they are no longer a sponsor here. :confused:

I blame it on Hillary...........

The original forum site still has the same web address, just the forum name has been changed.
Sponsor or not you can still link to the forum, in Tesoros case without changing anything on the Tesoro website.

I just changed the Link name, used the same web address: Get Your Tesoro Fix Here, Backwoods Sponsored

By the way, Backwoods Detectors is a top notch dealer who will give you the personal touch!!!

I understand the fact that anyone can use the link.

I guess what has me wondering, Tesoro obviously feels it is an asset, or beneficial to their company, and customers, to refer their customers to the forum, on their website. They no longer feel the need to reciprocate, in the form of sponsorship. That's the dissapointment.

What ever happened to, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, mutual benefit thing?

Beating a dead horse, here.
It's over, they pulled their sponsorship, maybe one day we will know why or maybe we never will.
Doesn't matter...life goes on.

REVIER said:
It's over, they pulled their sponsorship, maybe one day we will know why or maybe we never will.

Yep, you are right.

REVIER said:

The loss of corporate sponsorship is a done deal, no doubt about it. No intention to rehash that. To me, that was just indicative of the direction Tesoro seems to be spiraling into.

In visiting their website the irony just kind of struck me. Tesoro sees value to their brand, in referring it's customers to the Forum here, for information, and support, yet, they no longer see value in supporting the entity they are still referring their customers to. :shrug:

MI-AuAg said:
REVIER said:

The loss of corporate sponsorship is a done deal, no doubt about it. No intention to rehash that. To me, that was just indicative of the direction Tesoro seems to be spiraling into.

In visiting their website the irony just kind of struck me. Tesoro sees value to their brand, in referring it's customers to the Forum here, for information, and support, yet, they no longer see value in supporting the entity they are still referring their customers to. :shrug:

They are weird....always have been, like Luddites and never followed common modern business practices or used modern tools or methods that others do.
Their own website has always seemed to be an afterthought, social media and how to use them to promote their business seems foreign to them especially now that they recently decided to take their ball and go home and disseminate very little information about, well, anything, anywhere.
The Cazadore naming thing was a misstep, got out of control because they never did address it logically with any information and ultimately seemed to embarrass them so the fire got too big to handle.
All they had to do was state when they started that contest to name the thing was they had no new product at that point and it was just in the drawing board phase and anything new was actually years away or when they saw people did not know this and misinterpreted it as something new was coming out soon they could have addressed it then and ultimately headed off a lot of grief.
Could be nobody at that company was monitoring the forums and they never did notice the groundswell of disappointment growing about the lack of an expected new detector till it was too late and when they finally did it shocked them.
The few reps that did come online to dwell things down pretty much started out as informational but ended up coming off as rants so that didn't help.
Who knows, the fact is this is a whole different world now and way different then back in the days when the only promotion companies did was at shows or with ads in the metal detecting magazines and that was it.
If they stay around and remain independent great, then we will know that all of this strange behavior was just everyday and normal for a company like this that has proven themselves to be totally inept at any modern form of promotion, if they fade out or get sold we will know that all of this was just normal behavior for a company trying to save themselves.
Nobody really knows what is happening except Vince and the top people there, it is a private company so they don't have to say anything about anything to anybody if they don't want to and it seems they don't.

We still have this forum, Tesoro users are still out there enjoying their tools and discussing them and that will never end and now we have a new place we can discuss other so called beep and dig brands like that Pirate unit so that is interesting...to me anyway.

So far not much has really changed at all except renaming the forum so we will see what happens with this company in the future and hope for the best.
Maybe they will shock us all and actually release a new product called the Cazadore one day.

pull your forum sponsorship, then continue to refer people to it even though you brand name has been removed for no longer being a sponsor. other brands will slowly start taking over and squeeze out tesoro on here. just another blunder from them. seems to be they way of tesoro lately. one bonehead move after another. what happened to that guy they hired recently, did he abandon the sinking ship already? maybe their public relations are so out of wack, he just did not want to deal with it. the handling of the cazador and the new tesoro management is becoming one of the great failures in the industry. there is no one to blame for it except the son who is running the place. in my opinion, he is a failure to a once great company. if he can't do the job, hire someone who can and let them do the job or close the doors. just stop embarrassing the company name and being a disappointment to a vast number of loyal customers.

Leave it be, it is what it is. Some of us still enjoy Tesoro and don't need the latest "cool" detector so you can fit in. Business is business and find all is nice enough to still supply a slot where we can still enjoy the Tesoro brand. Enough already

jld66 said:
...maybe their public relations are so out of wack, he just did not want to deal with it....

I sort of think that Tesoro's sales have been fairly steady. Maybe they just didn't care to do business with that forum in question...

Pretty certain they're still selling enough new detectors to keep their doors open, and maybe that's all they want. If you take a look a just the new detector sales going through eBay (sold item listings), they're still moving quite a few out the door, and that's not showing what's purchased directly from retailers.

My experience with calling them up on the phone and/or emailing them has been... FANTASTIC!! In this day of ignoring the customer or putting them on hold, an experience that most of us face with so many companies these days, Tesoro does the opposite. They answer emails right away, and if you call, they're super nice and you get the answers and service you want.
So many of you seem disappointed by them not having new models out all the time, but I couldn't care less. Their detectors work for me, as I'm looking to go out and find things with them, and not just compare features to every other brand. They work, and work well. Tesoro supports their customers extremely well. I'm quite comfortable in owning and using Tesoros, so comfy in fact, that I keep buying different models to try, both old and new. ^_^

pinenut said:
jld66 said:
...maybe their public relations are so out of wack, he just did not want to deal with it....

I sort of think that Tesoro's sales have been fairly steady. Maybe they just didn't care to do business with that forum in question...

Pretty certain they're still selling enough new detectors to keep their doors open, and maybe that's all they want. If you take a look a just the new detector sales going through eBay (sold item listings), they're still moving quite a few out the door, and that's not showing what's purchased directly from retailers.

My experience with calling them up on the phone and/or emailing them has been... FANTASTIC!! In this day of ignoring the customer or putting them on hold, an experience that most of us face with so many companies these days, Tesoro does the opposite. They answer emails right away, and if you call, they're super nice and you get the answers and service you want.
So many of you seem disappointed by them not having new models out all the time, but I couldn't care less. Their detectors work for me, as I'm looking to go out and find things with them, and not just compare features to every other brand. They work, and work well. Tesoro supports their customers extremely well. I'm quite comfortable in owning and using Tesoros, so comfy in fact, that I keep buying different models to try, both old and new. ^_^
I agree pinenut. Every time I've called or dealt with them at all, it's been a pleasure. No wait, not hold, just talking and answering anything I need answered.
I spent an hour on the phone with Allen last time I called about the cutlass Micromax (original not cutlass II Micromax) as well as my outlaw and just shot the sh*t about all the models I own and which to keep an eye out for.
I can't speak to anyone else but even sending my Deleon in and having them rebuild my Troy super 7 and tune it then tune my Deleon to it was a pleasure. I got calls at every step of the way and was given a truthful timeline at the beginning.
They then threw in extra battery packs and battery doors and knobs, widened the holes out on the coil to accept the new middle and lower poles I got.
Just all in all great.
I can't understand anyone's issue from my personal experience, but what the hey, some people just like to complain. It's the way of the world sometimes.
I for one am extremely happy with the company as a whole and ALL the Tesoros I own. Beautiful machines that really do well for me.
But that's just one guy's opinion.
Have a great day and happy hunting!!!
:clapping:

Maybe they will shock us all and actually release a new product called the Cazadore one day.

I will always be a Tesoro User as long as I am able to swing a Detector . Brand Loyal "no" as I like to try new things but I will say this I have owned and used and sold and traded many Tesoros and wish I had everyone I ever owned back.

Stephan, I strongly suspect that many of the posters who come here to bash Tesoro don't use a Tesoro machine and haven't had any personal dealings with the company. There are exceptions, of course. I agree with the sentiments of BarryL. Love my Tesoro machines, and wish I still had the ones I've traded.

I feel it necessary to point out I DIDN'T BASH Tesoro!

I merely pointed out the irony, and yes disappointment, that they no longer see value in sponsoring the Forum, yet see value in referring their customers to it for information and support. No longer a MUTUALLY beneficial situation.

Every detector I've researched, and purchased, I've kept. Three different brands. I was happy with my choice, no reason to sell, or trade them, therefore, no reason to wish them back. Nothing wrong with Tesoros.

Furious T said:
Stephan, I strongly suspect that many of the posters who come here to bash Tesoro don't use a Tesoro machine and haven't had any personal dealings with the company. There are exceptions, of course. I agree with the sentiments of BarryL. Love my Tesoro machines, and wish I still had the ones I've traded.

Guys we all know the problems and other reasons we are in this discussion but come on we all really have to agree that Tesoro detectors are really outstanding detectors and for us guys over the age of 60 are not long for the wheel chairs , So can we all just forget the ramblings and the bad comments toward a company that's been around a very long time and has really gave us all some good memories . I know I have not always aligned myself solely to Tesoro but we all know times change and even though the folks that are currently at or running the Tesoro company may not be exactly the most Intune with the newest internet or social media does not make them incompetent or not know how to run a company it just may seem that way to Us . I myself have questioned them when they started the thread to name the newest possible product but I still would buy their product . now with this all being said this is just my Humble opinion so all you folks that want to bash them that is your right . But I would bet deep inside there are some out there that would be just a s me if the Cazador came out tomorrow you would buy it just to see if it was as good as any other manuf. produced product . bash me if Ya want but its the truth if the truth was known. So put it own me now if I'm wrong I will admit it God Bless all and pray for a stronger America as we all may need it to continue to enjoy a hobby we all Love