Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds apparently come at random

homebre

After not finding any nice gold rings in over 5 years, I found a gold wedding band last week on a junior high football field (read: middle school) . I had covered about 1/4 of the field, so I went back yesterday for a few hours to try to get at least to the 50 yard line!. AFter find nothing but clad for the first hour, I found a small gold ring with the Xterra705 using the 9" 3 KHz coil. (Turned out to be 14K gold filled from UNCAS, a cheap costume jewelry ring. :( I decided to do two more widths of the field, and on the next to the last trip I found the larger ring--14K TW wedding band. The TW is a trademark for Tessler and Weiss that makes nice designer jewelry. I have no explanation for the sudden finds except luck and hunting junior highs!

We will have to start calling you the lord of the rings. Congratulations

I have a theory that says, "Random is lumpy." or things just tend to go in streaks. This is based on very solid research and the experience of one special detectorist.

Had the same type of luck with the rings I've found. Nothing for 4 months and then 5 rings in a month. None were as nice as the wedding band you found, but it's still nice to see any ring when you dig.

Random, streaky. or whatever you want to call it, finds are all a bit of chance.

Congrats Andy, for your finds.

I call it 'Good-Luck' when I'm fortunate enough to find something of interest.

Obviously, your settings and the type of coil and its detector system all play a part, but no matter what you use, if you're not fortunate enough to pass over a target, and the target is within range, then you wont have the opportunity to exploit your 'good-luck'.

The fundamental rule is "If the audio persists, whatever its nuances may be, DIG IT"

I.E. Be a true metal detectorist, and not a metal-rejectorist in such situations......"May good-luck be your companion"....matt