Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds for Jan.30,2016

HvacDude

Went to my sister in laws 1920's house today hoping to find some silver coins. Well no coins but I did find silver. Found this vintage 1908 Oxford Silver Plate Company spoon. Then found this vintage 1930's Master Lock Lion key. The key has no number on the back which means it was a blank/copied key. The key is nickel silver composition. So even though I didn't find silver coins I did find some silver. They also were bucket list items sort of. I wanted to find a silver spoon, Checked off and a key but a skeleton key but I'll take any old keys at this point but we still hope for a skeleton key someday. Hope to go back if weather permits it was 60 degrees today in Southern Illinois usually we are in the 30's to 40's. HH

I recently found the same walking lion Masterlock key.
They changed to a lion's head in the city early 40's.
The key is brass...mine is, anyway.
Sorry to say no actual silver in nickel silver, it is just a term.
Cool finds, though.

Yeah I actually meant the spoon. And yes I knew there was no silver in the key. I was calling it composition due to the 3 alloys in it nickel, copper and zinc I didn't realize I put the word silver after nickel my bad:blush:

LOL...I figured you meant the spoon.
I once found a ring that was nickel silver...said so right on it.
That term should be outlawed.

Here is that ring...pretty cool for a junk ring.