Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds for today.

Ace

Went out today for about 7 hours, I got the usual junk (pulltabs, deep rusted nails which sound like coins, aluminum foil, cans, etc.) and lots of clad, about $3+ which is pretty good for this site I've been pounding ever since I moved to my current house which was about a month and a half ago, I haven't pulled a single old coin (silver, wheat cents, etc) nor anything of interest besides a pair of earrings which look to be white gold or something similar, I don't know, never put much interest in them, anyways, I heard a loud beep that registered in the lower area where the nickel and pulltabs show up in the smart find, I located the target with the X-1 and cut a plug as deep as my Lesche digging tool's blade, looking at the sod I see a medium sized wedding band stuck in the grass roots, I was to say the least extremely happy and extremely surprised to see the area had some potential since the site is extremely trashy (lots of iron and foil/wrappers along with other trash) and the targets are usually quite deep, I'm finding clad at depths of 2"-9" which is bothersome, since most Zincs I find are deep. Well it was a great day for me, the band is 14K with no custom markings like names so it's mine to keep! Here's the pic:

DSC02711.jpg

Clad:

548c0492.jpg

BTW This is how my smartfind screen is like, can anyone experienced with the Explorer tell me what I might need to Edit and why? Thanks.

DSC02720.jpg

:minelab::thumbup:

grounds frozen pretty good here in Michigan,just buying a few coils and getting ready for spring,thanks for the picts,its good to see someone's getting out,scott

Nice ring and gold is always nice no matter how,when and where it is found. I would think at a depth of 9" for clad something has to be there, possibly deeper? Sounds as if your buddy got your machine to you from El Salvador. Nice to have your good machine with you. I didn't find a lot in Riverside but did manage a bunch of wheat's. The real hunting was out as all the kids and wife got sick with the flu. Bummer for them but I'm still kicking. I did find an old 1914 park and left at least 3 or 4 signals I couldn't get to (HUGE ROOTS) Maybe next time I'm there. No problems with the baggage on the plane, I put all stuff in a carry on and a itemized list on the outside and nobody even opened it up at Seatac or Ontario.

I've detected some gold chains and some of them hit all the way bottom left of your screen. So you might want to open up that part.

Also, I'd open up that top part all the way to about 1/8 inch from the left. Real deep coins want to bounce from where the detector knows they are silver all the way to the upper left. That's just how I would set up up.