Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds From Last 4 Weekends

floodplaindetector

All finds shown were made over the last 4 weekends since my last post. Everything was found at public researched sites with my trusty Minelab eTrac.
The large round shaped item that displays "TACIT" above the Roman is actually the front of an old Tam O'Shanter Coin purse. I chased that signal in an old park and it was about 14 inches deep. I didn't know what it was at the time
but I didn't find other parts of the coin purse in the hole. I have pulled coins back to the 1860s out of this park in the past.
2 of the barber dimes I hit were very deep (10+) and close to iron. The other one was about 8 inches and read lower like an old wheat penny. All were found at different sites.
Hopefully it warms up again.
Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
2 Sacagawea dollars (found at different sites)
1936 Walking Liberty Half Dollar, 1972 Clad Half Dollar
1962 Quarter
12 Silver dimes back to 1902
7 V nickels (1884 oldest)
9 Buffalo Nickels (1915D oldest, a few worn dateless)
1942 war nickel
5 Older Jefferson nickels back to 1939
2 Indian Head Pennies back to 1903
Numerous wheat pennies back to 1910

Non Coin Finds
Small initialized MAB bracelet. Marked 025 Gold on Sterling on back
Demolay Hats Off Award. Old Enamed Pin. Demolay was a Masonic Youth Fraternity founded in 1919
1940s Boy Scouts pin
Front Of a very old Tam O'Shanter coin purse.
'MMI' tool pin
HVFD (Volunteer Fire Department Badge - found in a small town railroad park. The town name begins with "H')
Iodex Sample Tin (Circa 194:geek:
WWII Starburst button
Good For 5 Cents Token
1956 Uncle Sam 50 Cent Play Coin
Larger Old Sharps? Shell Casings
Various Rings, Buttons, Misc.
GroupShot.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
VandBuffaloNickels.jpg
1936HalfDollar.jpg
025GoldOnSterlingBracelet.jpg
FrontOfOldTamOShanterCoinPurse.jpg
BoyScoutsPinAndHatsOffAward.jpg
SmallTownVolunteerFiremanBadge.jpg
MMIToolPin.jpg
OldRing.jpg

All finds shown were made over the last 4 weekends since my last post. Everything was found at public researched sites with my trusty Minelab eTrac.
The large round shaped item that displays "TACIT" above the Roman is actually the front of an old Tam O'Shanter Coin purse. I chased that signal in an old park and it was about 14 inches deep. I didn't know what it was at the time
but I didn't find other parts of the coin purse in the hole. I have pulled coins back to the 1860s out of this park in the past.
2 of the barber dimes I hit were very deep (10+) and close to iron. The other one was about 8 inches and read lower like an old wheat penny. All were found at different sites.
Hopefully it warms up again.
Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Coin Finds
2 Sacagawea dollars (found at different sites)
1936 Walking Liberty Half Dollar, 1972 Clad Half Dollar
1962 Quarter
12 Silver dimes back to 1902
7 V nickels (1884 oldest)
9 Buffalo Nickels (1915D oldest, a few worn dateless)
1942 war nickel
5 Older Jefferson nickels back to 1939
2 Indian Head Pennies back to 1903
Numerous wheat pennies back to 1910

Non Coin Finds
Small initialized MAB bracelet. Marked 025 Gold on Sterling on back
Demolay Hats Off Award. Old Enamed Pin. Demolay was a Masonic Youth Fraternity founded in 1919
1940s Boy Scouts pin
Front Of a very old Tam O'Shanter coin purse.
'MMI' tool pin
HVFD (Volunteer Fire Department Badge - found in a small town railroad park. The town name begins with "H')
Iodex Sample Tin (Circa 194:geek:
WWII Starburst button
Good For 5 Cents Token
1956 Uncle Sam 50 Cent Play Coin
Larger Old Sharps? Shell Casings
Various Rings, Buttons, Misc.
View attachment 8973View attachment 8974View attachment 8975View attachment 8976View attachment 8977View attachment 8978View attachment 8979View attachment 8980View attachment 8981View attachment 8982
You do a lot of detecting to dig up this much finds along with trash! I know because I used to be out detecting whenever I could ! Nice!! Ma

Just incredible as always Dave, you have gotten ALL of the ducks in a row all the way from research to digging the hole. Clearly your own personal system continues to produce, even today...and that is not easy, though you make it look that way! What a great group of finds, that should be a nice addition in its totality to your finds already! I can’t imagine what your overall collection looks like! GREAT to see a guy show that it indeed can be done, time after time.

Dave I am glad you do not live close to me or I would have to move or find a new hobby. You take treasure hunting to a whole other level. Your quantity of quality finds are always inspiring and very humbling. You make it look easy but I know the amount of work you put into going after these treasures. Congrats on another killer haul of awesome coins and relics. I know you hate to see winter here again but I hope it's a short one and you get back out there soon.

Thanks for the nice comments!
When you like all aspects of a hobby like I do, it doesn't seem like work to dive into research, pile the miles on my SUV and figure out what works.
I haven't ever sold one item i have found so my collection does keep growing.
Dave

Just incredible as always Dave, you have gotten ALL of the ducks in a row all the way from research to digging the hole. Clearly your own personal system continues to produce, even today...and that is not easy, though you make it look that way! What a great group of finds, that should be a nice addition in its totality to your finds already! I can’t imagine what your overall collection looks like! GREAT to see a guy show that it indeed can be done, time after time.

thanks Dave!
I was thinking the same thing about some of your posts. As you know, it is not easy but it is FUN and keeps me feeling young.
Dave
Dave I am glad you do not live close to me or I would have to move or find a new hobby. You take treasure hunting to a whole other level. Your quantity of quality finds are always inspiring and very humbling. You make it look easy but I know the amount of work you put into going after these treasures. Congrats on another killer haul of awesome coins and relics. I know you hate to see winter here again but I hope it's a short one and you get back out there soon.

Love the finds Dave ! glad to see you're still out knocking the socks off of things with your detector.

rich -