Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds from last week

wasp

Detected for about 3hrs this past Wednesday. Found some clad and a couple of pieces of costume jewelry. I've never seen a piece like the one with the pin-back and loop. Kinda looks like and upside down "thunderbird" design. It's stamped with "AS" or "A5" on the back. I'm pretty sure it's "AS". The DIOR ear ring was a heart stopper....until I cleaned it and realized it was costume and the stones aren't real diamonds.

Oh well.....it was fun to get out even though I got rained on, was chilled to the bone, and the ground was almost too soggy to dig in. I couldn't be happier with my V3i and assortment of coils. I would like to add the 4x6 Shooter to the mix so I can go back over some of the trashier sites.

Looks like it has something to Native Americans. The copper or brass piece thats on the silver piece looks like a arrow head. I just googled A S tribe and came up with Absentee Shawnee Tribe. Nice finds

You did not say which Coil you are currently using but the 4X6 is a must have.

texjim said:
Looks like it has something to Native Americans. The copper or brass piece thats on the silver piece looks like a arrow head. I just googled A S tribe and came up with Absentee Shawnee Tribe. Nice finds
Thanks Jim. Great info.

daddyflea said:

daddy, I was using the 6x10 Eclipse. The trash was terrible....a variety of bottle caps & tabs made it impossible to single out any consistant VDIs to notch out. So, I listened to it all & just picked out what I thought were the good targets. Frustrating...so I think the 4x6 is the ticket. Until I can get one I'll probably go back with the 5.3 & see if I can pick out some more good targets.

I really like the 6X10 myself even in trash but the 4X6 will seem like you got a new Detector. I can run my 4X6 really hot and it never complains. You will regularly see Coins at 6-7" using the 4X6. These depths may be more of the ability to get it right next to the ground instead of actual depth but regardless that is a must have coil. I find that going over really trashy sites or these old Houses that have hundreds of coins in the yard, with the 4X6, then going over it again with the 6X10, I rarely find much. I think most of what I find is areas missed with the 4X6. If I could only have one Coil it would be the 6X10 but if the only places I hunted were old Houses where there is not much ground to cover it would be the 4X6.

wasp said:
daddyflea said:

daddy, I was using the 6x10 Eclipse. The trash was terrible....a variety of bottle caps & tabs made it impossible to single out any consistant VDIs to notch out. So, I listened to it all & just picked out what I thought were the good targets. Frustrating...so I think the 4x6 is the ticket. Until I can get one I'll probably go back with the 5.3 & see if I can pick out some more good targets.

Good finds Wasp! That thunder bird pin looks like silver to me. The 4x6 coil is a dandy for trashy sites. You wont regret it if you pick one up. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel