Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds from Wednesday & Friday hunts- (got squat today :shrug:)

Ytcoinshooter

Wednesday I spent 2 1/2 hours in my 5 mil wetsuit with duofold expedition base layer. Three mil neoprene tall socks beneath 5 mil dive boots, insulated neoprene gloves and by the two hour mark the aches began in hands first later the feet a little from the 50 degree water. A meager take for the energy put out but this particular lake was started to be lowered later than usual this year so I dealt with a higher water level. This place used to cough up so much silver and gold that putting up with cold water was ok so long as I'm scooping and sifting for targets. It's getting cold enough now that I think I'll go back with my insulated waders and gear instead of roughing in the wetsuit. I must have OCD!
The thimble appears to be a 1930's Cracker Jack toy and says "For a good girl". There's 1944 dime and '23 & '30 cents. This time I posted all uncleaned finds.

Next-First dig Friday was this foil signal, VDI 6 to 8 is what I saw on my V3i and broke open a clump of mud to see this .9 gram of 14K.
I've been working this drained lake for a few weeks now. Considering the hour ride one way it was a short chilly hunt. The coin signals a scarce now in the prime area for silver so I've been digging every foil signal, if it is not iron I'm going in. With the stiff wind out of the north Friday it felt like 38. The last dig was a nickel / tab reading that turned out to be a mezuzah and Star of David joined. These were plated over the copper you see now.

The end of the week was more of a fizzle than a bang.
Today, Saturday was a bust, nada - zip nothing but a lone wheatie and a pice of a suspender buckle out hunting with friends. It's funny how far we will go as detectorists for these little bits of nothing - must be a sport.
HH - Bruce

Your hunts have been better than mine lately. Yesterday i went to a resort island that is a bit over 40 miles from my house. Only public access to the beach is at a county park. I knew I was in trouble when I arrived and walked out on the beach. Sanded in would be putting it mildly.

However I am a bit hard headed (So I have been told) so i struck out up the beach swinging the coil. Stopping and checking any area that looked like it might hold promise. After over two hours of walking and swinging I finally decided that I was beating the dead horse again. Plus I was over two miles from where I had started.

So I retreated back to my starting point still looking and swinging.

Total Finds were three house keys, one piece of junk jewelry, one quarter, one dime and four zincolns.

Got a lot of exercise and my body is complaining today.

Yt, As you know, searching in the water is difficult to say the least. Each target can take 5 minutes or more to get it in the scoop.

Nice score on the gold chain with name on it .... proves that the targets are still there,probably just a little out of reach....congrats..

Thats a great gold trophy there! Look at it!, its smaller than a penny!:surprised: Nice merc and thimble too...:please:
Mud