Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

finds so far this month

LandOLincoln

Finds from the fields so far for April. Hopefully I can get out a few more times before they plow, but the weather here has turned for the worse. Rain/snow and cold for the next week or two, which should keep both me and the farmers out of the fields.

Very nice! I've never found a 2 cent coin yet.

I got my first (1865) two cent piece with my deus just a couple weeks ago!

Nice finds!

Jim

That is the same year as the one I found. It's my 2nd. First was 1867 I think. I'd have to double check.

There are a lot of really good sounding targets that are junk in the fields. Old deep iron rings or anything iron with a hole can sound decent if you don't know what to listen for. Lots of small copper pieces and tin pieces give decent signals as well. On the other hand you can get some pretty decent relics that you don't typically see in parks.

L.O.L, I have been working a field with my Deus that had just been plowed. On prior years I found a dozen LC's, 50 or so flat buttons, and other relics.
This spring I have found very little and working the furrows is a chore.
I guess what I am trying to get at is, either this Deus is real good at sifting through iron or the plow didn't turn over as much as I had hoped for.
Maybe raking the field would help but they won't do that till they plant.

Either way, it has been a complete bust except for the 1902 Barber I found near the road amid tons of can slaw.
However that's an area I hadn't hunted with the Deus in the past.

I have a spot that sounds a lot like yours. LC, seated dimes, quarters, half dimes, indians, a trime, flying eagle...even a reale out of there. Finds are harder and harder to come by but on occasion I squeeze something out of there and it's usually worth the hours of persistance needed to find it.

Very nice Pile.