Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds with the 5" DD

ramairnut

Not near as exciting finds like those of Mega and YoungTed but was fun nonetheless.I got out for a couple hours today at a local elementary school that I have hunted many times, and yes, with other detectors. I only used the 5" DD but did manage to dig a ring at 5". I dug one of the dimes at 6". My settings on the T2SE LTD were: discriminate mode (30), sensitivity 65, tones 3. The 5" coil still amazes me.

"way to go" for many of us in trashier sites. All I need, or want, for my T2 'Classic' is the stock 11" DD for some periodic searches of more open sites, but like most of my other detectors, now and through the past five decades, it is the smaller search coil that gets put to work at least 95% of the time. Enjoyed that combination yesterday at a ghost town not too far from where I recently moved to. Light, easy to adjust any change 'on-the-fly,' and the 5" DD gets surprising depth and great responsiveness to small targets in dense iron trash, brush, and stubble.

Nice ring find in with the mix. Other than recovering ample junk I only managed an old fork and a decent condition GF 5¢ IT Trade Token yesterday, along with a nice weather break before winter sets in.

Best of success on your next trip afield with the 5" DD. :thumbup:

Monte

Very well put Monte. I think the depth is the most surprising aspect of this coil. I like the T2 tones and the TID with the 5 " DD is fairly accurate as well. I also have a NEL Sharpshooter that I have hunted with and I really like it too. Now waiting to see when Kco starts selling the Mars line of coils. I have read some good comments about the "Tiger" coil.