Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fine Day- Drive right on top of it

Nemo

70 degrees in January in Missouri? Wow, what a great day to be out. My partner and I had access to about 300 acres, most of which you you can drive to or on campsites. The area has been largely hunted out but contained several cavalry campsites during the war.

This becomes a game of where do you think we aught to drive to and what looks like it would be a good campsite location. Most of the morning was spent at one site: one .54 minie probably from a Mississippi or Austrian (have not cleaned it up yet) and a carved Sharps and a dropped Sharpes. During lunch we decided to drive to a new location. We had been there a month before and I felt good about a new location we had scouted. "after we cross the creek, turn south and go along the creek about hallway to that grove of trees"

Got there and suited up and I turned my detector on and had gone about 20 yards from where the car was parked and bang got one of the best signals of the day turns out it was a piece of a spur. I two-wayed my partner about 100 yards away of the find and he reported finding a sword belt hanger. He asked me to bring him his VibraProbe which he had left in the car.

As I circled back to the car from a different direction I hit two other good signals again about 20 yards from the car and up hill from my first find. It was the rest of the spur. By the time I got the probe to my partner, he had found a brass bridle buckle.

Dave Poche

This was only the second time, I have walked a few feet from a parked car and dug relics.