Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fine Gold Production Recovery Methods for Desert

I have some friends with a couple pretty good claims in Nevada about 45 miles from the nearest main road, trouble is the gold on the claims is 100-400 mesh, is there any way to recover this gold on site with a small production operation? Is there a drywasher that will recover to this mesh? Or can one be modified to recover this fine gold? Or how about the gold cube with a recirculator? There is a creek running thru part of the claims but not a lot of water in it and not real close to the rich paydirt areas. The gold is so fine they have been screening to 100 mesh to start with then bucketing the dirt home to work with it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

In the desert a drywasher is the tool. Offset elliptical throw is best. Constant flow to sustain that constant fluidized bed,nice and slow,flat as you can go. Buy a good dust mask to prevent Valley Fever, see CDC site for dire warnings. Take cons home and use a D.A.M. Bowl/blue bowl for 100---John

They do have a nice late model keene 12v puffer drywasher, I am just not sure even if properly setup, will it will capture even 300 mesh gold, the claims they have are very rich in certain areas, most of this gold is 100-400 mesh. I guess maybe they would have to be satisified with the recovery rate of a drywasher and loose the 300-400 mesh gold. I agree the cleanup final should be a blue bowl for a small operation, from my experiences with dredging in the late 80's this was the best method for me also to get clean flower gold. The gold cube claims 400 mesh recovery rate but you would have to recirculate water and carry water in creating a lot of problems also. We are just tossing around ideas now as to recovery methods. Eventually most these claims will be sold to large corps but they want to be able to keep and work some of the properties themselves on a day to day basis.

The tool for the desert is a drywasher and a vacumn.
The anything that saill will end up in the power than is under the riffle tray. use the vacumn to clean the power that collect in the body of the drywasher..
Buy id' rather just get the gold that the riffle tray keeps is much easier to see.