Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finished the site I have been detecting for some weeks..

zeekeys

What a fair well ! It was like the site was saying good by to me. I have gotten hundreds and hundreds of coins form the site. And a few rings. The ring is a mood ring. It is a good looker but that is all. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails....Z

Another nice haul Zee, like Jim said don't cross that site off with that many finds, you may want to come back to it later if your new sites don't pan out .

This area was a fantastic coin site.
Went to another site today and the picture shows the results. Usually don't post anything under 50 coins unless there is something special found. Just showing it because not all my hunts have a lot of coins found.
Jim it is hard for me to believe a site is cleaned out. All the sites I hunt have been detected before. I just go in there and start detecting. Some sites have treasures that have been hiding for years because, for some reason, someone hasn't gone to a section in the site for many years. That is when I come in and stumble upon the section that has been missed. Sometimes???? I am out there stumbling around and that is all I am doing.

sl52: I am thinking of going back next year for another pass. I know I will find a good number of coins that I missed this year and with some more coins dropped this winter it will be ready to give up some more treasures.
Thanks for replies.......Z

Zeekeys, I reckon that you have pulled out so many coins from that site, that they must have been in there, breeding. So, if you left 2 behind, chances are that in a month or so there will be another good haul there for you.:lol:

Zeekeys, When you hunt a area do you grid it ???? and it looks like the nickles cann't hide from you.!!!!!!!!!!----------------after1------------

Some great replies. :rofl: I want you guys to know I am not a Professional numismatic and know very little about the gender of coins. These thoughts of mine are purely observations.

Furious T: I have noticed that when I do hit coins that are very corroded and coins that are degraded or disintegrated so much, there is just a little of the coin left. Now here is the observation:
1. When I find coins in these conditions there usually a number of coins in the area. (Breeding?)
2. When a coin is corroded and rough around the edges. (Male). So I have been told by wife.
3. When a coin is disintegrated. (Female?) The wife again. The woman gives all.
So by observations these are the 3 stages of a lost coins life. :pinnochio

AJ: You could be on to something. I think I will rebury corroded and disintegrated coins in the same hole. :clapping:

After-1-: I use a zig zag to find a coin/coins. Than I start using a circle going out from the coins. Sometimes there are circles and circles etc.... Sometimes it really get confusing. So I go to go to the grid method breaking it up into sections. Every site is different. If I know something about the site it helps in what I will do. If not I use the zig zag because I can cover a lot of ground. Some sites are not worth spending lots and lots of time.
Thanks guys......Z