Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fire Department badge

Found this today in a park that used to be school grounds. I think it is covered with fill dirt and lots of trash. It was at least 9 inches deep!

I believe it says "Mt. Victory Fire Dept"
PXL_20220311_223425892.jpg

Anyone got an idea on the age?

Very nice find!! Go back and hit that place hard!

No idea on age I found an old badge by a school once and figured it was an old crossing guard badge... when I went in to the school I tried to find some history on the item... and they looked at me like I was nuts... the joys of metal detecting...lol... great find maybe post a pic when if it cleans up a little... these are the finds that make the hobby so interesting!

No idea on age I found an old badge by a school once and figured it was an old crossing guard badge... when I went in to the school I tried to find some history on the item... and they looked at me like I was nuts... the joys of metal detecting...lol... great find maybe post a pic when if it cleans up a little... these are the finds that make the hobby so interesting!
Yeah most people don't have the enthusiasm us detectorist have for stuff like that.

Is there a Mt Victory near by? Try Google for that name? I found what I at first thought was a token last year, ended up being a 1910s New Jersey fire badge! Based on what Im looking at I’m betting its pre 1950s……. Nice find!

going to look for the one I found over 10 years ago I was going to give it to the school as part of the history... till they acted like I was nuts... If I can find will post...

Is there a Mt Victory near by? Try Google for that name? I found what I at first thought was a token last year, ended up being a 1910s New Jersey fire badge! Based on what Im looking at I’m betting its pre 1950s……. Nice find!
Yes, there is a Mt. Victory in Ohio about 80 miles away. They do have a fire department. But there is also a Mt. Victory in Kentucky. It is about 200 miles away.

That is an awesome find for sure. CONGRATES!!!

F5