Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First 10 hours with the Explorer have been nice.

0z0ne

The first 10 hours using the explorer se pro have been quite nice.
It did indeed take some getting used to, as I am accustomed to using a fisher f4, but terrific all the same!
So far I have tried the "coin" preset using the 6x8 sef for about 7 hours. This yielded mostly 4-5 inch finds including two of the five wheats pictures, as well as the silver washington.

Yesterday I decided to try running the machine with the pro coil for the first time in a less trashy area and met with success in finding a little spill at about 10 inches with the merc. and two wheats. Found them within ten minutes of detecting and didnt have much luck for the rest of the three hours I was out. The reason I ran it "open" and with ferrous tones is because it is rumored that one can hear deeper targets in this case. I'm far too inexperienced to prove it, but the resulting finds were welcomed at any rate.

I must add: Though I like the separation the 8x6 offers, I feel I may be missing the deep items. In my area, most of the "good" finds are at LEAST 6 inches down, usually 8-10.
As for the pro-coil, I am a huge advocate of the depth it offers, but darn, is it difficult to distinguish the good from the bad in a "denser" area. My little spill was in the penny range number-wise, while the tone my machine gave was more medium than high and rather squirrely. I feel as though this was the case with most of the deeper targets I passed over during my hunt yesterday. I only dug the repeatable signals, but there where a number aof questionable targets I didn't dig because of the inconsistent tones and numbers, that perhaps I should have.

Anybody have any advice?

I'm super happy with the progress i've made. THe general ID numbers have been committed to memory on my end, and the tones are coming easier.

Now to just muster the courage to ask permission to hunt a few yards!

Thanks for reading.

0z

Very nice hunt .. And you can be sure you will find many more, congrats !

Great start with the explorer, you are going to do well with it. Isn't that the way it goe? Fin something good first few minutes then just regular stuff. At least for me and my areas that's how it goes. Keep pounding those spots. Cb