Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first 1800's coin of the year

detectorguy

I went to a local park this evening and pulled out a very worn shield nickel. Can't read the date. Not much else to speak of, but I'm off and running.

n/t

Have you ever been in a crowded room with everybody talking and you can't hear yourself think? Then, out of no where you hear your name being said. You recognize it. You know they are talking about you (or calling you). You just know it!

That's what nickels do on my Explorer XS. I wish silver dimes and quarters would do that, but no, it has to be nickels.

Mostly nickels sit just off the bottom about 3/8 inch in from the right. if possible I could slide a very worn thin dime between the box and the bottom line. Nickels also have a distinct sound that catches my attention - see statement above. Even when bouncing along the bottom due to other trash it has a distinct sound that attracts me.

This weekend I'll see what I can do. The camera this morning just showed a little round brown blob.