Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First 2 hunts with simplex , my thoughts so far.

Sweeping-4-junk

Detecting Mode .Park , seems to me to be the best mode and i guess probably will be most other peoples favourite. will start with the pinpointing feature. I found the pinpointing to be very accurate no problems at all. Stems - No stem flexing noticed at all even when well extended. Overall build quality is excellent, a very strong and well made detector. The Simplex+ loves lead , i dug lots. Depth - Superb i recovered an old (and not very big) school badge from 11 inches with a good strong signal , you cant fault the depth on this detector, some targets i had to give up on as they were just too deep to dig with my smaller extended digger my other digger has a longer blade which i should ideally have had with me. You will need a decent spade with this machine for sure. I dug no iron at all so far . I got a solid "dig me" signal VDI 15 which was a large lump of coke once recovered i swept over the coke a few times to learn how it sounds , i dug no more coke after that. I was using wireless headphones which make it very nice to swing without been wired to the detector. Large clumps of foil were coming in at around VDI 20,These foil clumps were annoying but they give a wide pinpoint signal , i think with practice a lot of this type of foil could be avoided. Miss shaped irregular bits of junk sound easily to ID , You can hear the raspy edges of the junk easily. I ran the detector with backlight on which makes it much easier to see the screen. Battery power holds up well even with backlight on close to max. For me i like the detector , a keeper....I rate the simplex a 10 out of 10, for the price it is amazing.

You just warmed my heart with your review. Hopefully mine will be here Wed. Maybe Thurs. at the latest. Will jump on the Park mode. Sounds like a lot of detector for the money.

I also Agree 100% the Simplex is unbelievable for sure love the solid hits on good target's!!!