Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First 2 silver finds hunt....

Went out today for a two hour hunt to the place I go that has a lot of clad and an occasional silver, wondering if today would be the day I find two silvers... Found a nice 1942 Merc and thought that was it when I called it quits. Got home and washed up the loot and lo and behold... A nice 1943 silver war nickel. Funny, don't really remember this nickel sounding much different from the other nickels I find, I do remember one of them having a kind of dirty sound, perhaps this was that coin.

The silver dime was unusual because it had a mixed high tone with the upper middle tone, I dug it thinking it was going to be a coin with something else in the hole making the sound a little mixed, turned out to be this Merc, about four inches deep. The depth would explain the tone. While I love the Golden uMax, I keep thinking that I might be missing some deeper silver... Perhaps the new Cazador will have tones and go a little deeper???

Also picked up an additional $5.44 cents, including three more wheaties. Over $175 in change for the year so far, hoping to break $200 before the season ends in November ( I think I am going to make it :detecting:)

Sorry about the poor quality pics, I use my iPad to take these and they are crisp, but I can't up load them because they are too big KB wise, so I have to take the pics from a distance and zoom in, making them real grainy, but smaller in kilobytes.

A two silver day is twice as good as a no silver day. Way to go on the silver.:clapping:

tabman

Nice looking coins, war nickels don't come up very often and the Merc is sweet :thumbup:

I would be thrilled with those two finds, WTG

I dont know if the war nickles sound different or not. Im always surprised to find one.