Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First and Second Day Finds - Just Deusing Around

j.beatty

First day hunt was to a Colonial tavern site that is infested with iron. Used Deus Fast with factory settings (I was digging a lot of iron. See previous post.), GB Pumping. Found this unknown artifact. It is not a pocket watch. Also, found this flat button. If you look to the left of the loop, you can make out a crown.

Second day hunt was to a local modern park. Used Basic 1, Discrimination 25, Sensitivity 90, GB Pumping. I dug no iron. Besides modern coins I found this Lower Dauphin High School Ring Class of 85. The owner's name is engraved inside and I will contact the high school to try and return it.

Very nice finds. Do you remember what reading you got on the ring and how deep it was?

Very cool, lookslike you are enjoying it. The factory settings really are quite well for the machine.

Cool Finds...
Congrats on the class ring.
Good luck on the return...

HH

The ring came in at the mid-30's like a solid 35-36 and the target depth was 3 inches. The ground was polluted with can slaw and I was digging a lot of it. The reason I was digging all targets was to see what TID's correlated to what target. This is the only reason I found it.

I will be dropping the ring off to Lower Dauphin HS where someone in the administration has offered to try and locate the owner.

I applaud your concerns for finding the ring owner but would be hesitant to turn it in to the school. I'd want to turn the ring over personally to make sure it got to them and just see if the school could help me locate them.

I had the same thing happen when I contacted a school to try to return a ring.
The lady said that they had a box for lost and found and if the person came to claim the ring they would give to them.
She was very nice, but I felt that they wouldn't put much effort into the return.
I kept the ring and I'm still trying to return it.
Mine is a girls class ring from 1993 and it was in a Tot-Lot, so she has been married and has a new name.
Anyway, I'd keep the ring and do my own research...
Great find Good Luck...

HH

Looks like a successful 1st day. Congrats!