Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first beach find

dosher100

This was my first and last beach find. not having much luck on the beach. any pointer would be great and i think i have a base model white it was a gift and used it is a prizm2 anyone ever heard of it.

It's an older Whites. They are now up to the Prizm 6T. It's more like their low end of their mid range detector as far as cost. Not a bad machine. My advice, would be to just read as much as you can and use the different forums. There are classroom forums that would help as well.

i felt like that when i started i had a bit better machine but still did not find anything in allmost 2 weeks but then first gold and then more ...just slow down and keep at it soon u will have anough for a better MD where are u ??any way

I'm not a full time beach hunter, but when I do I hunt dry sand down to and slightly into the water, most of my jewelry finds come from the dry to slightly wet sand, the problem here(Texas) is the sink rate when you get into the wet stuff, and that could be your issue also. It is amazing how fast a ring or earing can/does sink in the fine sand here, there is no clay or shell layers to restrict these items from sinking 2 or 3 feet. Hunting were the crowds are is a big plus and unless you hunt in the evening on the same day the beach was crowded, you'll probably have you best luck in the dry stuff(slow sink rate. The exception would be after a storm or strong current exposes the lower sand layers.

the ring is a nice find. If you are going to metal detect you have to have patience and work slow I use a Ace 250 lot of the time on the beach and I find gold with it. I also use a Tiger Shark JimCVA

Any coins to go along with the ring? There can be fairly long dry spells between rings. Coins and occasional artifacts can keep it interesting until the next terrific target comes along.

With the Prizm2 you will probably do better in the dry sand and along the blanket line after people start leaving the beach. As mentioned, following where the crowds just left can be a good starting strategy. After a storm, look for heavily cut areas pf the beach and explore those.
Persistence pays off. Many of the terrific finds you see posted took a lot hours of hard work to find.
Good luck.
tvr

Well for a good mid range priced detector I don't think you can go wrong with the Garrett AT PRO or the new AT Gold. Check out my very first year detecting and what I found with an AT PRO.

They are great on land and do give you the ability to go in the water and give water detecting a try. Is it the best out there...cant say. Is it a good value for the price...with land and water ability I have to say Yes!

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1649425