Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Beach Hunt

Treasure Scout

Did my first beach hunt on Doran Beach (at Bodega Bay, No. of San Fransisco). I used my Whites XLT on the pre-set coin and jewelry program. The XLT didn't work on wet sand, so I stayed on the dry areas. Found most of the coins next to a picnic table. I checked most every target so I would get used to the tones and ID numbers. Total clad was 30 coins and two toy trucks. A smaller coil would be better as there was lots of trash along the walkways to the water.

Hey Treasure Scout- Nice machine you have! I have one too. You can hunt the wet sand if you change some hings around.
Load the beach/jewelry program and do this...

Tone Frequency: 226 (sets the tones for the audio disk. This produces high tones easy to hear)
Audio disk: ON
Mixed Mode: OFF
Tone ID :ON
Transmit Boost: Off

Set the block edit to this:
Reject -95 to -41
accept -40 to -1 (-35 to -1 on some beaches)
reject 0 to +5 (wet salt)
Accept +6 to +95

The tricky part!

A.C SEN: 60
D.C SEN: 25 (This makes pin pointing hard)

Preamp Gain: 4

Balance the detector over WET SAND but don't let the coil hit the ground! Hover it during balancing!

Depending on the environment, you will need to lower or raise the ac and dc sensitivity in order to get it "tuned" for the wet sand. Usually, 60/25 works for me and I adjust the preamp gain (lower) to prevent false reads. It works O.K. but it's not great for wet sand!