Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Big Test

corvair

Saturday a friend and I had an opportunity to hunt an old site, now a farm field. I dont have a smart phone or a good digital camera to post pictures of my finds.Sorry:shrug:

In about 5 hours I was able to find 3 "fatty" Indians, 1 shield nickel and a 3 cent nickel coin. The 3 cent nickel, shield nickel and 2 of the Indians were pretty toasted.
The 3rd Indian was an 1868 with a full Liberty headband and in pretty decent shape. That particular coin most likely escaped much of the harsh farm chemicals
due to the fact I dug it from an honest 10 inches. There was no VDI number, only a slight "blip" on the right side of the horse shoe to indicate a higher conductivity target.

My settings were: 8khz, 90 on sensitivity, reactivity 1, silencer 0, 2 tones with break at 25.This program clearly announced good coin targets.9 inch coil and WS5 headphones.
I dug several small caliber bullets at depths up to 8 inches as well. So far I am liking my Deus very much. I want to get some time with it in a park setting to see what I can
do with some modern coins to get the hang of determining various coin VDI's. So far so good, enjoying the Deus.

Those are some good finds and getting the IHP at 10 inches speaks well for the 9 inch coil. If the conditions allow, you might have had that IHP pop a little more with silencer at -1 and a few more points on the sens setting--IF the conditions allow. How was your TX and disc set?

Wow! Awesome hunt with the fatties and nickels :thumbup: Digging those 8-9" small bullets is always a good sign that your GB is pretty close to where it needs to be :)

TX was at 2, discrim. at 8. Iron volume was set at 0. Also had audio report set at 4 to try to hear the weaker signals better(in addition was very windy).
Ground was reading about 84 to 87. I would on occasion adjust the ground reading to coincide with what the Deus was showing the ground at.

Even though the ground had considerable Iron contamination the Deus was relatively quiet. Got the occasional sliver of aluminum that gave good high tone and VDI.
I was fortunate the 10 inch Indian was a coin I think. Couple of the aluminum slivers gave similar "no VDI/small blip" on horeshoe indications.
Another thing I forgot to mention, hunted the full 5 hrs. only using my right arm to swing the Deus. Had I been using my Whites V3i I would have been switching arms back and forth after the first hour. The Deus definately helps reduce fatigue!

Thanks guys for the replies and suggestions.