Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First coin dump

tomcatchevy

I was picking up my daughter from school for an appointment today and I was a few minutes early so I stopped at a small conservation area close by. Found a pop tab, beer cap, clad penny, another beer cap and then a signal for a quarter. Probed the ground, couldn't find anything, repinpointed and probed again. Hit something and popped it out. 3 pennies so I checked again, still more so back to digging. In all 12 pennies in one hole. Nothing of great value but cool nonetheless. Will be going back to this area again soon.

Thanks Oakman! My biggest problem is that I have to drive by this spot everyday driving the kids to school and I can't stop on the return trip because I usually have a little guy with me that I pickup at school for my wife to babysit. It's just a waiting game now.

Finally made it back to the conservation area and hunted mainly the area around the parking lot. Found a lot of shredded aluminum cans but also found 17 more coins (80 cents worth) one being a 1942 US nickel pre silver Philadelphia mint. Still lots of ground to cover. First pic is the coin spill and the others are today's finds.

Once I hit about 10 pennies that were all stacked one on top of the other. Always wondered if some youngster "buried their treasure" or if someone had seen me detecting the area before and was having fun with me. Either way the coins went into the pouch.

Jeff