Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First coin of 2015 is 1869 two center...

Chris(SoCenWI)

Hello all,

The snow is almost entirely melted here in southern WI, though the ground is still frozen in spots. I got out for the first time this year yesterday, with some decent success. First coin out of the ground was a 1869 two cent piece in fairly good shape. Also found an 1856 French 5 centimes, three IHs, two sleigh bells, a silver thimble, and a flat button with a backmark that I can't quite discern. Bunch of wheats, one was a 1926-S.

[attachment 309368 March152015024.JPG]

Happy hunting everyone,

Chris

Now thats a day to remember! :surprised::drool:...Thats nearly a lifetime of some 'bucket list' finds there!...not very many of us have found ANY of those...let alone in one day!...go buy a lottery ticket Pardner!

Second thought, the hell with that advice...just keep doing what you are doing...give us some backstory though if you could...was this on an old farm or something? What gear are you running? Congratulations!
Mud

Nice finds and the condition of them is outstanding!!
I've only found one 2 cent piece and it was in terrible condition.. couldn't even get the date off of it and not much detail on it left.
Congradulations on some nice finds!!!

These came from a couple of homesites, one 1840s, the other 1890s, from a town near me.

I was using my Explorer XS. I also have a Minelab CTX and a Fisher F-75

Chris

Great stuff with nice patina! 2 cent piece is better than you could ask for, coming out of the ground.

Fantastic way to start off 2015! Congratulations!