Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First coin spill

Thylacine

I went back to the mosquito park, this time in the morning and the bugs were tolerable as long as I kept moving.

There was a little track that went down to the creek and had a creek/drain running beside it. At the end of the track there were no sounds coming from the ACE 350 so I was not over the old tip, working my way back up the track I began to pick up hits mostly iron, I dug a couple and they were old nails and such one interesting tone turned out to be a steel safety bootcap!

Walking further up the track I hit more trash then a signal that sounded like a coin, it was then another and another, 9 coins in all totalling $9.65 which will pay for a new set of batteries. After standing back and looking at the site it was between two big gum trees and was probably used as someone's camping spot as I sometimes see vagrants dosing down at the park, although how they put up with mosquito's is beyond me.

I will head back to mosquito park as it was the sports ground for a private school, I only wish that more of the infrastructure was there, all that remains is four light towers (without lights) a concrete slab for the transformer, another slab that I can't work what it was used for as it is in an odd position and couple of benches and some post and rails that mark the edge of the car park.

I would like to know if there were ever changing sheds there and if there was a canteen as children are always buying lollies and chips from the canteen. I doubt that the ground will hold any pre-decimal coins and there seems to be a lot of trash about but it will take me a few months to shake the ACE over it.

OBTW I am so glad that the OZ government decided to dump the one and two cent coins and the one and two dollar bills as most of the coins I pull up are $2 and it does not take much time for them to add up to a decent hall.

T

Congrats!