Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Day Finds

scott2433

My Deus arrived yesterday and I got out for about 90 minutes with it today. Now I have heard all of the stories about "my new detector made all of my old sites seem new again" and frankly didn't pay them much attention. Today I took my new Deus to a site where an old house was torn down many years ago. This is the site where I have taken every new detector that I have owned, I have hunted this site with a MXT, DFX, E-Trac, XLT and an F75....it was hunted EXTENSIVELY with my MXT (or so I thought). I read the manual, set it to Basic 1 and took it out. I made the decision to not memorize which coins read which numbers on the control unit, rather, I simply listened for good tones. Below are the pictures of my finds, there is a small gold ring, four indian heads and two wheats. One Indian is an 1864, another is an 1871 which is apparently a fairly key year. I only dug 4 deep square nails, one electrical terminal and a piece of a mechanical pencil so I wasn't fooled very often. All in all I like it a lot, I think my time with an MXT helped me to be ready to listen for good signals. I can't say that I understand everything it is doing or any of the adjustments but if you listen for good tones in the Basic programs you can be successful even in a heavily hunted site.

Shhhh, your giving away our secret.

Haha Deusdigger, I second what you said.

Scott, congrats on a great start with your Deus. I like seeing all the success that new Deus owners are having on here lately as I have believed in the Deus for a long time now and have tried to communicate my opinion even with all the naysayers that have hung around this forum. It is a great machine and I am sure it will make you many great finds (seems you are already seeing that).

Thanks for sharing and once again, congrats on a VERY solid start. Let us know if you have any questions. -Marc

I just wanted to encourage you to enter your first day of finds story to XP America's sweepstakes where you could win a Kindle Fire. You can submit your story at the following link:

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/real-finds

Very nice first hunt. Love those indians. Did you get a VDI on the gold ring? Its very fine so I'm guessing it came in low?

Now thats a good day out! I feel that one advantage to going back to an old site is that most of the trash is removed. With the Deus's speed, locking on that good tone really puts the odds in your favor.

Thanks everyone, it was a really good day.

MHirshmann - thanks for the tip on posting my finds. I will do that in the next day or so.

I'm sorry lsm, I was not paying much attention to the numbers. I was strictly listening for good "round" sounding tones. I was glancing down just to verify that the number was above 35 but I didn't make note of which numbers produced which finds. I will say that the numbers did bounce around more than my MXT and E-Trac but only once did what I thought was a good deep coin turn out to be a deep square nail. One thing I don't understand is when people say that this machine isn't very deep. I hunted this lot extensively with and MXT with a 6X10 DD coil which I know isn't the deepest set up, but I was digging at least a couple of inches deeper yesterday. And when it comes to seperation, none of the other machines that I mentioned above even compare to this detector.

Someone had recently slawed a Mt Dew can but the tones were very blarring when I would go over even the smallest piece of that evil green aluminum.....I had no idea that one can could make so many tiny pieces. lol