Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day out with Coinstrike!!!

jmgifts2002

Just got a coinstrike and headed out to the local high school. The school was built in the late 1800's and is going to be torn down this year. Its pretty warm here today and I broke a good sweat but it was worth it. The coinstrike is a sweet machine but has a bit of a learning curve. I seen a few people say it loves round things and that holds true to mine as well. The ground was good so I ran "10" sensitivity, "0" threshold, "99" disc, and no tracking. Very little trash as I was able to tell trash from coins pretty easy. The machine will lock onto coins hard! No doubt I was about to dig up a coin when it locked on. Coins were anywhere from 2-8 inches and all were very clear signals. Pinpointing was dead on and gave a good idea what the depth was going to be. I dug everything that locked on between 10-12 and from 20-40. Heres the take, in a little over an hour I had 7 quarters, 3 nickels, 5 dimes, and 7 pennies for a total of $2.47. Not bad for the first time out with the machine. No old silver today but its there and Ill be back. I think I will enjoy the coinstrike for years to come. Oh, the picture only shows 6 quarters because I forgot I had another one in the truck until after I took the pic.

Joe Blacker

Good work.

Running #10 on sens. Real good ground. :thumbup:

The Coinstrike is a nice unit. Those that figure out how to make it perform, end up liking it, & using it for a long time. Even with all the new high tec detectors that have hit the market in recent times, don't out peform the Coinstrike. For some, it's the ideal unit. :)