Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Day out with the Blisstool, Need help ID Bullet. Thanks

ncdigger

Well I got to say I was very in pressed with this detector. When I put the detector together it felt like a toy.....Boy was I wrong!! This place has been pounded for over 40 years. I'm just amazed..I'm thinking how much better this thing will be once I have more time with her. The TDI Pro will now be my back up...until the hunts at DIV...
Can some one help me ID the bullet in the photos...It's obout 1 3/16 inch long, but it was properly longer before it was shot. I compared it with some infields it's longer then them but skinner than the infields. I been hunting since 1977 and never found something like this.

Has it been shot, or carved? Hard to tell by looking at a picture. Good job with your first time out. Why not use it at the DIV?

jimmyk in Missouri

Jimmy have you been to a DIV in Culpeper Va.? Wow that red dirt is so hot........Just not sure that the blisstool would see through the iron, or get very deep in that red dirt. It would be nice if it would....The bullet looks like it's been shot. Thanks for all you help!
Jeff

[size=large][/size] Excellent job with the Blisstool. It only gets better.. You may have found a Confederate Whitworth. They are one of the longest used.. Richard

hello ncdigger. i don't think you saw the video or read the reports about the Blisstool from this past fall DIV. Here is some video:

culpeper 1

culpeper 2

Also - I posted a report from DIV earlier in this forum...

ncdigger said:
Jimmy have you been to a DIV in Culpeper Va.? Wow that red dirt is so hot........Just not sure that the blisstool would see through the iron, or get very deep in that red dirt. It would be nice if it would....The bullet looks like it's been shot. Thanks for all you help!
Jeff

Looks like a shot Confederate Enfield to me. But I'll look at my perjectile book and see if I can come up with it. What is the diameter. It does look smaller than a regular Enfield.

I watched these videos, and others and noticed it sounds like the signal is breaking up, some. I dug a ton of those kind of signals and found NO good targets. My ground is fairly good, so I'm wondering if the bad ground causes some falsing. Any thoughts?

jimmyk in Missouri

jimmyk - if you get any breaking up when checking the signal in different directions - odds are it's NOT a good target.

The Blisstool is not an "iffy" type of detector - it's 95% of the time a good target or not. It's takes some tone memory to learn - but once you know the sweet sound - you eliminate almost all the iron stuff...

i agree, Barry, but those videos show the signals in the red clay as having a double blip. My experience has been double blips are bad...solid signals are good. When I get a good signal, I do a compelete 360 degree circle around it. I've dug a lot of "almost good" signals in hopes of a good target. NONE were good. Even the double blips. So, when I see a video like from the DIV, I have to assume either it's thier terrible bad ground, or I'm missing good targets.

jimmyk in Missouri

I got double blip on almost all of the lead shots and shotgun shells. The only solid blip I got all day was the brass key and the button back, The three bullets I found were rough signals..But remember this was my first time out with the detector and I was using manual ground balance. Only found one little bent nail, no other iron...

[size=large]I have found that double blips are usually bad targets unless the target in shallow. Shallow targets(surface to 2" or so) will sound that way with a lot of different detectors. I raise the coil a few inches and recheck the target and sometimes the audio will be more definitive.Too, correct ground balancing is a necessity since ground mineralization is part of the equation in the math the detector uses in arriving at an audio response. Best to all, Richard[/size]

[size=large] Backwoods Detectors
A Blisstool Dealer[/size]

Richard - shallow targets definitely could give a double beep.
If the target has no scratching or spitting - always worth investigating..

I believe your holding a paper patch bullet not much trace of rifling because the paper rides the bore then shreds leaving the bullet with expanded rear engages the groves.Used by the buffalo hunters and how they dealt with leading problems in there sharps rifles.I use them in my single shot 45-70 original ,,,,,,,,,CEDAR