Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day out with the Sand Shark was fun but man is water hunten tuff

Trackerman

Well I decided to hit the Beach. I hit Santa Monica beach The weather was sunny but overcast in the afternoon. I had to find a scuba shop in the area to buy some silicon grease for the seal on the sand sharks battery department and also found a cool plastic pouch they sold me as we'll to put my keys and I'd in to keep dry. I started out in vco mode which I liked way more than the normal mode. I set my volume and threshold and put the pulse setting to the factory recommended and was off. I had hunted beaches before with regular detectors but man do pi,s go deep.I must of dug 30 penny's at least. I also dug some nickels pull tabs and some soda can tops and quarters. I also found some dimes a lead wait misc iron and trash and a ladies hoop earring and I think what are 2 small cheap rings and a small bracelet. The Vco is pretty cool it gives you a faint tone when there deeper targets. The coil occasionally had to be put back in position from the waves etc like I've read with the 10.5 inch coils. I hunted about 6 hours there wasnt to much and no gold but its also winter wich doesn't help. There also was another guy detecting there with a pi. All and all I like the sand Shark very much and it works well on dry and wet sand. But I think I've never hunted where it was this tuff or physically demanding. Parks are so much easier. Happy hunting to all.

Thanks for telling how it was.I know beach hunting is a trip.I've have to bicycle to my beach.I've tried a headhunter pulse a few times and liked it.Even though i found a bunch of fish hooks.I think i may try hip mount.Pi detecting is so weird.Thanks for sharing the first trip. :detecting:

No prob it was fun even though my left arm feels like i was carying a barrell around all day lol. 4 pounds isnt bad for a pi detector
but my land machine is alot lighter. 6 hours may have been a bit excessive for a hunt with a 4 pound pi machine. Cant wait to go again.:goodnight::stars:

The fun has just started!

From the picture of the Sand Shark you posted on March 7th; I'd suggest trying the mounting point with the box behind the upper part of the shaft. From your picture, that is right behind where the headphones are hanging. In my opinion, the Sand Shark is one of the best balanced detectors available when the box is clipped on behind the upper rod. Balanced makes the hunting easier over longer hunting periods.

When you are in the water, observe where the waves break hard and where they just mostly bounce you up and down. Every day is different. The sand bars and prevailing winds move the hard break point. Hunt where the water isn't trying to roll you over with the hard break. When you get more time in the water, and work more with the water movement, you will find you are not fighting it quite as much and don't feel as beat up.

Try switching arms to see if you can take some of the rubber feeling out of that left arm.

Can't wait to see you post your first fat gold ring!
Cheers,
tvr

:thumbup:Looks like you had a good first hunt.I think the vco mode it is the way to to go,but its nice to have a choice.

Thanks guys will try upper box mount and i also hear normal mode is good. Ill have to try that next time around more.