Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First day with the Forc Core

sparkster

Received my Forc Core from Arizona Outback in just 4 short days. Chris is a great guy to deal with. I asked him whether
the coils for the core and the gold were interchangeable. He went right to the Nokta folks and got the scoop.. Yes they are.
ThT MEns if I buy the force gold I do not need to purchase the pro pack. Think about that, its a big savings.

My pro pack included a RS pin pointer also. That was kind of nice.

I have read the instruction manual, watched a tremendous amount of you tube videos and researched this detector a bunch.

I currently use an AT Pro and a Minelab CTX 3030 to hunt sports parks, vacant lots and the beaches in Southern California.

This machine is going to have to really perform to pry me away from my AT Pro. I have paid for my Pro 4 times just in clad
coins in the last few years.

When I opened the box of the force I was impressed with the packaging. I was even more impressed when I started putting
the unit together. Those are some healthy cam locks on this detector. All of the pieces went together without any problems.
Very nice finds pouch. I just wish it had belt loops on it though.

Put batteries in the core and headed out to a place I call impossible park. I call it impossible because there is so much trash
in the ground that it is near an impossible place to hunt. I used the stock 7 x 11 coil today just to get a feel for the machine.

The core is well balanced and certainly does not seem to weigh as much as it is advertised. I hunted about an hour and no
back fatigue.

Getting use to the sounds was a little hard especially when you have used an AT Pro for so long. I must say it sounds a little
like my Whites MXT. The unit is a breeze to swing, very easy to set up and changing settings is absolutely simple. I really
like how straight forward everything as far as setting changes are. Just a couple of rocker switch clicks and you are set to go.
It is very user friendly even for the first time out i was not ever on overload trying to figure this new machine out. Anyone, even
someone with no prior detector knowledge can figure this unit out. Compared to the CTX 3030 and the V3i this machine is a piece
of cake to learn.

Ok, so what did I find my first time out at impossible park with the force core. I found out impossible park is still a trash dump. I'm
going to need the small elliptical coil to really get the goods here. In my 1 hour hunt I got 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 4 nickels and 26 memorials.
I consider that outstanding for a first time run. The best part is I learned some of the ins and outs of this fine machine. Tomorrow
morning my hunting partner and I are going to a different area.

I feel it will take me 4 or 5 days to really get a grip on the force. I will try and keep everyone posed on what I learn.

today I detected mostly Di2 and Di3. Sensitivity at about 80 and id mask all over from 10 to 48. deepest coin, a penny at 6 inches.

Remember 2.54 centi-meters equals one inch when pin pointing. That takes some getting use to

HAPPY HUNTING AND GOOD LUCK

Congrats on your purchase. Will be watching for your future comments/finds. The small coil- that's where your new baby will shine for sure.

And for a first run at "impossible park" I'd say you did well for only an hour with a new detector and a 7X11 DD coil. I keep the 7X11 mounted on my FORS full time because I tend to grab it when I set out to work a beach, sports field, or other wide-open place with a limited amount of targets.

I keep the 'OOR' coil on a spare rod-set for quick changes for the FORS, but have the same size 'OOR' coil on one of my Racers since my primary use units are all set up and ready-to-go. I have used the 'OOR' reference for years for a competitor's 8X9 coil, but it seems to be a better 'fit' for the excellent small coil with my FORS CoRe and Racer [size=small](same size for the FORS Gold as well)[/size]. The 'OOR' reference describes it as being just slightly "Out-Of-Round."

The little 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD is an absolute 'must have' for working any trashy or confined site. If the site's full of targets, good and bad, you can't beat the small 'OOR' coil's performance, and working the FORS with a proper sweep speed for the site the results are astounding. I like a short-length, methodical, overlapping sweep and I saved my FORS settings in memory for a Sensitivity of '85' in both the Di2 and Di3 modes.

I left the ID Mask at the default of '10' in Di2 because I like to hear almost everything in the low iron tone and VCO audio in two tones search. If a site is too noisy from an abundance of trash, I opt for the three tone mode and have ID Mask set at '23' because that's just enough to barely reject most common iron nails. Thus some annoying iron is rejected, but I can still be alerted to the presence of a little iron which I like to know is present.

I wish you and your hunting partner a good search today at a different site, but I look forward to reading about your return to "impossible park" with the smaller coil, especially after you're more comfortable with the FORS CoRe. One of the more comfortable detectors I have used for any prolonged search with my bad back. Just well designed.

Monte