Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Deus Seated

Not the prettiest girl in town but she is a Seated Lady. 1856 and the reverse is really slick. LOL Dug a 1900 V Nickel, and two Indian Heads. One is 1904 but the other will have to soak in olive oil before I can lift a date on it.

It read a 77 to 80 bouncing on Gmaxx at 8 khz. I thought it was another Indian Head but it was paper thin so I guess that was why it read so low. It was at about a 25 degree angle also and only about 5 inches deep. It was so black and muddy that I didn't even know it was seated until I washed it off in a mud puddle about 30 minutes later when I met back up with my detecting buddies. It is always a nice "rush" when you see that you have a seated coin.

Joe

Thanks for the info! and seated is always a outstanding find even if its worn,I got 3 seated dimes so far,I did a flip in the mud when I got the first one. :)

terrific find! did you find it in a trashed park?.field?
settings?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Hey Joe, CONGRATS!

Worn or not that's a beauties...and the thought that it's been sitting in the dirt from before your grandparents (maybe great grandparents) were born...waiting for you to show up and find it! And people wonder why we metal detect!

HH Joe