Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Ever Alberta/Texas Competition Shootout

BigCatDaddy

Ok, John Edmonton, I accepted your challenge and hit the lake this morning with the SeaHunter Mark II. I had the Grey Ghost Amphibians and 8" mono coil attached. Whew!! I spent 4 hrs. scrathing up everything that PI rig hit on....and it was a lot!! Not a whole lot of loot, but I did manage a pewter(I think) ring, a gold earring and a costume one. Also got a whopping 25 cents!! Here's the total take for the 4 hrs.
[attachment 272116 0_sh2loot.jpg]

Here's the bit o' bling after a cleanup!! The ring sez: "Saved by Grace Thru Faith" and "EPH. 2:8-9" on the inside

[attachment 272117 0_sh2bling.jpg]
And even closer shot on the gold earring w/2 tiny diamonds. Not sure what the center stone is.

[attachment 272118 0_sh2front.jpg]
I'm also not sure of the K amount either. It appears to be stamped "75" on the back, so it could be 18K...or not.

[attachment 272119 0_sh2back.jpg]
OK, John it's your turn. Fire up that Infinium and hit a lake!! You've got 4 hrs. in the water to get enough loot to give me a beat down....if you can!!! Will I be "Saved by Grace"???

:thumbup: Nice on the gold. The stone looks like it might be an opal. You might be saved by the "Sea Hunter." HH jim tn

Though I'd like to see a "territory swap" just to make things equal...BCD has to move to Canada and hunt snowhills and ice cold water, try to figure out the monetary system, and maybe learn some manners, and Poor Old John has to move to Texas, hunt in 100 degree water, with copperheadeddiamondbackedwatermocitsins e'rywhere, and try to figure out the language so he can order food at the local choke and puke and don't starve to death! Damn, that's just plain fun to think about!:rofl:
Mud

Standing by...

Some dandy scoops here. :clapping: That ear ring will be a tough one to pass.

Remember John in Texas their motto is a right to bear arms lol, good luck to you both on the duel lol.

Cheers

The "COUPLE OF GUYS USING GARRETT PI'S" competitions shall take place. My first opportunity (tomorrow) will begin. Let the best PI Fly and the least PI cry :cry:

:starwars:

It was hard to keep hunting with that PI rig. Everytime I came up with a bottlecap, piece of wire or other junky thing, I really wanted to retrieve an AT Pro or AT Gold from the car, but then a keeper would show and I could keep going. On the plus side, there is now less junk to mask future good targets in that swimming hole. Good luck, John, I'm pretty sure you and that 'Fin will beat me down!!

So, what do you want for the next challenge. I have plenty of Garrett models (See list below) to match up with any that you have. Pick a type of site and type of detector you want to go up against and let the challenge continue!!

Ace 150
Ace 250
Ace 350
At Pro
AT Gold
GTI 1500
GTI 2500
GTAx 1250
GTAx 1000 Powermaster
Freedom Ace Plus
SeaHunter Mark II

So, does the winner get to have the loser do something goofy, 'Diggers' style?? :rofl: