Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First ever beach hunt coming up..Anyone got a program 4 the Anfibio..

Joseph in Alabama

Hey Guys
Got the opportunity to do some beach hunting down on the Gulf in next few weeks...taking the multi Anfibio could really use a jewelry only program.if anyone has one to share...notching,numbers etc..any help would be greatly appreciated. .thank you for your time...joe

I don't have a program but I hunted the beach/ocean about a month ago. I usually hunt in three tones, Disc 18, gain about 80-89. The important part is ground balancing, ground balance in whatever mode you want and then adjust to zero. It will then work in the wet sand or ocean. I hope this helps.

... I plan to work a very dense salt beach environment when I take a trip in the next two weeks. I was hoping to have a new Simplex + in my hands by then, too, just to do some side-by-side comparisons. I usually do not like to use too many audio Tones and have only used 2-Tone and 3-Tone in the past for beach work. I'll start with those.

I never run my Discrimination higher than the Ferrous / Non-Ferrous break-point, and typically I keep the Anfibio set at about '5'. I only adjust higher if I need to in order to help cancel the low-conductive wet salts.

I NEVER use Notch Disc. for anything, especially if my goal is to find jewelry items.

I start with my Sensitivity set at '95' and then adjust [sup]▲[/sup] or [sub]▼[/sub] as desired or as needed.

Precious jewelry comes in an indescribable array of sizes, shapes, alloy content and orientation in the ground. It is not easily definable / describable like carefully minted coins. Therefore, I don't waste my time trying to Notch-Out targets or try to isolate specific VDI numbers to accept or reject to try and make a 'jewelry program.' When I beach hunt I take the most efficient approach and use the Beep-DIG! method to success. I use the least amount of Discrimination I can get by with, then methodically search the area with ample overlapping. Then I simply listen and recover.

If I hear a Beep, I take a look at what I found. - - - - - If I can't hear anything, then I'm not going to see anything, either.

Naturally, I'll be using the round 11" DD standard coil on my Anfibio Multi as it is a large beach. It sees very little activity, but it never hurts to give it a try. I hope you enjoy some success on your beach hunt.

Monte

Hey Monte. I am not an experienced beach hunter, but since the Anfibio has a beach mode, why wouldn't a person use that mode when hunting on a beach? Thanks.

The Digger said:
Hey Monte. I am not an experienced beach hunter, but since the Anfibio has a beach mode, why wouldn't a person use that mode when hunting on a beach? Thanks.
When I take on a Salt Water beach, that's exactly where I start. Using the Beach mode, which they refer to as COG for 'Conductive Ground' for the wet salt environment. But note my reply said I have been hunting Fresh Water beaches so using any of the other models has worked just fine for me.

In a couple of weeks, maybe holding off until I get a Simplex + to take along with, I'll be going to the extreme and working my Anfibio Multi in a super-salty environment. COG, or Beach, will be the way I'll go.

Monte

I am currently on the East coast and had a chance to swing my Anfibio on the beach for a while yesterday. I'm a greenhorn when it comes to beach hunting, but was still able to locate some targets. I was surprised to dig up a Merc. I don't know what the bell shaped object is. I mainly hunted in beach mode.

It seemed to me that beach mode worked best on the wet sand. On the dry sand, any of the modes seemed to work fine.
I normally use 4 tone, so I used that quite a bit. Ran the gain at 70, disc up to 19, and frequency of 20 khz.