Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Experience - First Impression

DrJoeprime

UPS delivered it yesterday 5 PM...i was on the beach at 5:30. Thankfully I've done my homework and it was pretty easy to get started.

The case is a beauty! Everything inside about a 20" square by 4" thick soft black case. Kind of like a larger laptop case. Perfect for travel and longer term storage

Trying to run sensitivity at 13 in the saturated wet sand was too noisy and reducing to about 10 was perfect. Beautiful smooth threshold at preset was great.

Coming up the slope to the sand not quite as wet I could easily get it up to 12, 13 and it was stable.

It's a bit of a beast and a strain on these old arm/shoulder muscles. I'm looking forward to trying the helper strap..looks easy.

First few targets were deep aluminum bits and fish hooks at 12" to 15" and giving off the hi-lo signal. Desperately looking for a lo-hi just to hear the differ fence but nothing there. One of the hi-lo's at 12"+ was a titanium ring and gave me a bit of a pleasant startle as it looked like white gold before I could see it was abnormally light..still..ringcase worthy.

Fantastic depth! My buddy, who was helping me enjoy the ATX, was swinging it as we entered the dry sand heading away. He finally got a lo-hi signal and I was the digger. Just a small dry sand scoop and at 12" deep I had to kneel down..not something I normally do on the beach. A couple more scoops and we got the target..a clad dime..probably at 15"!
My buddy and I both have dual Fields and are proficient ... but this ATX takes the depth to another level. He and I were both stunned at the depths we were reaching. (Initial impression .. about 3" to 4" deeper at least)

The sun was down and our fun was done.

Low tide at about 3:30 PM today ... and I'll be out at about noon... with the helper strap and my big foot scoop. I think this detector is a winner!

Hey Joe ...

I too was on the beach within an half hour after I received my ATX :)

Yeah, it's a depth monster. Where will you be this afternoon playing with it? I can come down and play with you for a while.

I was at Seal very early this morning ... mostly deep lead and coins.

Greetings from Orange County

I live in La Habra and been following the ATX in the various forums. I own a Tejon for coins and a GMT for the Gold Fields which I don't get to very often. Was wondering if the ATX would be a good alternative to the two detectors I own. I would like to do some Beach detecting but mainly nugget hunting in the San Bernardino Mountains. Backpacking in with my detector up the canyons is my thing. Any recommendations?

Regards
Hector

hecbom said:
Greetings from Orange County

I live in La Habra and been following the ATX in the various forums. I own a Tejon for coins and a GMT for the Gold Fields which I don't get to very often. Was wondering if the ATX would be a good alternative to the two detectors I own. I would like to do some Beach detecting but mainly nugget hunting in the San Bernardino Mountains. Backpacking in with my detector up the canyons is my thing. Any recommendations?

Regards
Hector

Hi Hector...

I don't believe the ATX will be a good alternative to your two machines, Unless, your beach hunting is limited to wet sand and in the water. The ATX will find coins and jewelry in the dry sand, but you will scoop more trash and iron than quality items.

If you like to coin and jewelry shoot at the beach in dry sand a single frequency machine is all you need. If you want to do both dry and wet sand, a multi frequency machine will handle mineralized wet sand and saltwater better.

But, if nugget hunting is your first love, and you don't want to miss any small nuggets, add an ATX to your arsenal :) and maybe sell your GMT at some point.

I am really missing water hunting. My lakes still are frozen over, and at least 3-4 weeks before the shoreline might open up. In the mean time, I am content with snow hunting for anything of value. :)

John-Edmonton said:
I am really missing water hunting. My lakes still are frozen over, and at least 3-4 weeks before the shoreline might open up. In the mean time, I am content with snow hunting for anything of value. :)

Sounds like John needs to become a Snowbird before he becomes a Looney Bird.

He's been into the LOONIES for many years, it is just beginning to show.
Wishing we had valued coins that he has up north.

Not surprisingly, the ATX also also has an appetite for nibbling in coinage too! It can make about a 70% correct guess whether it's a quarter or dime.

Oh well in the mean time...

[size=large]Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to hunt the snow I go. Hi Ho Hi Ho Hi Ho Hi Ho Hi Ho, Hi Ho![/size]​

I feel your pain John, Alberta is sort of slow right now.
I go out, find a good deep signal, mark it on my gps, find the next signal, mark it on my gps. When the frost comes out of the ground i have a lot of digging to do !
I was able to fish a few shallow targets last warm spell we had, but its those faint signals with the big mono coil i cant dig yet that are bugging me when i go to bed.
Anyone want to buy a used hay binder? I am pretty sure i will have all the parts for one come spring.