Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First find with my Ace today

ca441970

I went out in the yard of this 200+ year old house I am in today FINALLY since the snow began melting. And within 20 minutes I found 4 clad pennies an old button, and a Matron head large cent, not in good shape though, the back is able to be made out, but the front is hardly recognizable, I can see the outline of the head and some stars. I can't get a year off it. It looks like a 31 at the end so it may well be 1831 It was about 6 inches down in pretty tough soil here in MA. But to me it is a HUGE find, my first ever 150+ year old coin!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be going back out there tomorrow, trust me.

I'm gonna get me one someday! LC's are very cool! It's on my list of coins to find for 2009!

CA4-That is awesome that you have finally gotten out. I know how bad you have been wanting to hunt that yard! But, to find that coin on your first ACE 250 hunt!....OMG what a cool story. I am very happy for you!:garrett::clapping:

The funny thing about it is, where I cut the plug, I dug up an unused old square nail(which there are many in this yard), so I put the pinpointer back in and had nothing. I knew I heard a coin tone reading between a penny and dime. I looked into the small pile of dirt and there she was looking right up at me. At first I thought it was an electrical box plug, but I saw the stars on it, I freaked. Ran in the house washed it off and was like "NO WAY". My first yard search. And with the virgin 250 at that. The cool thing is, there is a lot more yard, but not all the snow is gone, so my mind is constantly thinking of what else is out there?!?!?!?

And I only have 11 days left to hunt the yard before I move off to Florida...

I've found two in my entire career so finding one on your first hunt is pretty decent in my book! I bet it would be a huge find in anybodies book, even Uncle Willy's!

Speaking of books. Start a log and a brag book early. You'll find plenty to fill it with!

Chris

WTG ca still a pretty good looking coin:thumbup:

Thanks everyone!!!

I've been examining it all night, and I can faintly see it has the date 1821 on it. So glad I went out there today.

There is more out there. Thats probably a once in life time hunt right there! Good for you!:clapping::garrett: