Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Finds Of 2015

Dan(NM)

Took the Explorer 2 with the Joey coil to an old abandoned high school near my house to try to drum up a few things. This school has been pounded over the years by myself and a few other guys. I deciced to dig targets based on sound only and not TDI as the trash is extreme, 3-4 targets per swing. The pocket knife was the first decent find at about 10", sounded good, but read bad. Next came the half dollar, it was a mixed signal with iron tones on both side with hint of s high tone in between. I had to wiggle the coil to get a half way decent sound. The cursor hit a third of the way up the right hand side, but would jump to the top left if I didn't wiggle over the semi high tone. I cut the plug about 5 inches deep, the half was on edge, I was shocked where the cursor was hitting on the screen. It never went top right at all. Not one of the target registered "good" on the meter, but I was only going by a somewhat repeatable tone. All in all, not a bad way the start the first day of the year.

Wow, very nice finds for less than 24 hrs into the new year! Can't beat BIG Silver, especially starting the year off with it!

Congrats ! You wasted No time wasted in putting up something really good in 2015. Nice to see an early date Walker. I remember many 1918 "S" half dollars were still in circulation in the early '60's because it was a common date, I've dug a couple too. The pic isn't too clear but it looks pretty decent, sure would like a peek at the reverse, I wouldn't be surprised if it's from 'Frisco.
Nice Sterling trinkets too!
HH - Bruce

When that Walker was lost the kid could probably have gone to the movies,got popcorn,coke and had change. In the 50's with the quarter I made for weekly chores I could go to the only airconditioned movie in town have a popcorn and coke.Those were the days.

Hi all, I am new to this site and looking forward to sharing information and finds with you all. My wife bought me a minelab etrac for Christmas to either get me fit or to get me out from under her feet, not sure which :).
I've had minelabs in the past but this one is fantastic, on my first day out, I found a medal from 1929, it was given to people to commemorate catholic emancipation in Ireland. Its in ok condition. I also found a button with a pearl design on it and a few other bits and bobs, a few buckles etc. Still getting used to the Etrac but looking forward to reading and sharing my finds with you all...happy new year! Lewis in Dublin, Ireland

I'm heading back there after I get my XP Deus next week and if it will separate a little bit better than the Explorer.

I'm going back over the same areas as soon as I get my XP Deus, just to see if the iron was hiding some more goodies.