Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First finds of 2023

GA1dad

Got out and did a bit of digging this week. All were found using MXT with 6" concentric, except the hand saw badge and rifle sight were found with the Nox 600. If this weeks finds were setting the stage for what was to come,,, I'd say 2023 is looking to be a fine year.

Top left was another few pieces of the brass "whatever it is" that I found a couple of weeks back. They seem like some sort of buckle or suspension pieces. Then is the two actual suspension pieces, and a brooch pin of some sort, love finding those. The gold item got me quite excited when I saw the rim in the whole. Turns out is is some sort of Jibbitz brand shoe bling that you use to decorate you Crocs. This one has a capital A on it's show side. The round badge says "Tri-Sure The World Over". Seems to be some sort of packaging company logo. And who's gonna complain about starting the year off with 3 wheat cents and a '45 Merc!!!

20230106_180116.jpg

20230106_180211.jpg

20221229_180414.jpg

20230106_180239.jpg

Question,, reckon what this spoon handle is made of? Pewter? It rang up a solid 12 on the MXT. It's weight is neither really heavy or lite. The material seems to be kinda "flaky" where the edges have been broken off.

20230106_180348.jpg

20230106_180300.jpg

They did come from one site, but the gun part and saw badge came from 3 doors down. It's a small old house located downtown, probably early 1900's. The only bad thing is it has been turned into a Dentist office and all but a third of the yard has been paved over for parking. But it is close to home and is not trash filled, so I'll milk it for a few trips.

Congratulations on starting 2023 with a silver lining! I would never complain about three wheats and a merc! Definitely more there… Good luck to you in 2023!

Neat finds! I kinda lean towards pewter but not so sure it flakes as described.