Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Finds with DeLeon

JoanInCreek

I just got my new DeLeon a few days ago and used those days to learn the machine. I think i am gonna like this one! This is an 'upgrade' you might say, from the BH 202. Put in just under 4 hours with it so far and am still learning how to read the I.D. meter but was pretty happy to actually find some things today despite not being sure of how it works yet. (The blue glass piece was not detected of course, it was just sitting there next to where i was going to dig.)

The DeLeon is right on the money every time with coins/clad- the bar graph (silver) and the number (95) matched and I dug up one quarter and 3 dimes-all in different locations of the park course! Large pieces of metal also come in at 95 but you don't know what it is for sure until you dig it. The large piece i found, i lugged around for about 20 minutes until i decided it was not worth weighing down my pouch.

On the ID Meter, I thought I was digging a nickel (hoping maybe small gold) with a reading of 41 and just because the graph bar showed mostly 5 cents and a smidgon in Tabs, I was confident it was going to be a worthy dig. Wrong! Pull tab, goldish color. Now I know, only one bar should be active. More than one bar, probably junk. The machine seems to chatter alot no matter where i set the knob in all metal mode so i keep the tones low in my headphones. If it hits something, i definately know. And even when i descrim out iron, it still tones when hitting an iron spot or will say Lift Coil.

Todays settings were: Sens at between 8 and 10, Descrim between foil and nickel. I used the Decrim knob to zero in on the area when the machine detecting something in all metal mode.

Nice job it only gets better from there. The more you use it the more you will like it I have had mine for 5 yrs now and can't wait till the next time I can hunt with it and I try for at least a few hours during the week and at least one day on weekends.

Congrats on the finds! Sounds like you are enjoying your new detector! Good luck with it, Beale.

If you are running in disc with it set at around foil, if you listen closely, you'll notice a bit of a "snap" in the tone on what otherwise sounds like a good hit and that displays well at 95. Generally turns out to be junk. I've hit a number of those, got to thinking and threw down a quarter and when the coil went over it the sound had lost the snap. At least it works that way on mine. Mine seems to hit and ID quite deeply in the local soil with good accuracy for a machine's best guess. Haven't noticed the chatter so much, but I don't usually use all metal unless I'm using it to pinpoint or to check a weak hit from the disc mode. All in all, I'm quite pleased with it.
HH
BB

Hay Joan,

with some practice, you can tell those large pieces of iron
by the way they sound. The All Metal Mode, or Pin Point mode
will help ID with sound.

Those square tabs you were digging sound an awful lot like a
good target.

Pull tabs come in so many different sizes and shapes, I have to
dig them at each site before I can ID them very well.

Keep at it. You're doing fine.

It just takes practice.

The way I see it, that's just having fun.:wiggle:

Tabdog

sounds like an good machine you know even on my M-6 i would get high numbers on cans and zinc coated metal but it was right on most of the time and at least it givs you the choice of what to dig especially if you are in a hurry and do not want to dig every thing and i think you wher wise to dig the big shunk of iron thear could have bee a coin under it keep us posted you are well on your way to making a good find soon