Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First finds with my safari

geoff

Taken a while to learn to search in conduct with no discrim,but it is good on small thin silver!

P1000478.jpg

The little coin is a hammered silver Charles 1 halfpenny from early 1600's, it is 8mm diameter! the other coin is same period sixpence.

P1000475.jpg

This one is a roman silver coin of Hadrian,responsible for building 'Hadrians wall ' Scotland,think he was trying to keep the scots out of roman england!

Great finds !!! Congrats!! How do you like the safari so far? U.K. Roman empire was huge, so was the British empire for that matter.

Hi Ronald 2,
I like the safari a lot ,I find you can wind up the sensitivity on cleanish sites and realy suck up deap signals,or trickle it along on sens 10 in the trash to find small shallow stuff in amongst the iron nails.
Took me a while to quieten it down,Im still learning,but I think it a very efective detector.
I also run a sov GT,& X terra 705, both of which are also very good.

Yea, me too. And where they can actually detect and where the government incourages it. Unlike our own here. Here, they want to keep anything and everything for the "experts". Doesnt matter if anything in the ground would likely stay there until it rotted away before any "experts" would ever show any interest.
At least Britain's government has a common sense attitude towards detecting for treasure.
Lived over there for 6 years when I was a teen. Loved the country and the people. I have dreamed of going back with my detector. Just now ordering a safari, so am a newbie where its concerned, though not a newbie to the hobby.

edjcox said:
Always so envious of folks who liv where history goes back so far in time.

Jolly good !!:clapping: