Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First finds with the Minelab xs

Finds Minelab xs
1797 One Cent
1807 One Cent
4 buttons
4 bullets
3 buckles ( not really sure what they are

** I'm still looking for Mastering the Minelab xs if anybody can help with one **

Thanks, the 1797 is my favorite to everything that I've found was in my yard and I live in Harpers Ferry,Wv .
I still trying to learn the Minelab XS and if anybody has any info or pointers please let me know

The coins are very nice, but the spoon handle is interesting also. Is it pewter or silver? Any info on who made it, looks like a hallmark on there? Congrats.

DougF said:
The coins are very nice, but the spoon handle is interesting also. Is it pewter or silver? Any info on who made it, looks like a hallmark on there? Congrats.

I'm not sure if its pewter or silver, but the hallmark is TE S let me know if you figure something out on it

I am going to guess it is Silver.
Here are some possibilities.

Thomas Ellis was an English Silversmith and the mark was could date from 1780.
or
Thomas Edwards also a English Silversmith and the mark could date from 1837.

These are all feasible being you found a 1797 Coin from this time-frame.

The marks would generally though be accompanied by a vertical or horizontal Lion and not an S. It almost appears there is another mark after the S and prior to the TE ???
There are many marks that are not even registered that are floating around and this could be from a small Silversmith.

Can you pot some super close-ups of the marks???