Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first Franklin half

DougF

A little chilly this morning, 38 degrees, with a steady 20-25 mph wind blowing. I wanted to get out one more time before the Turkey day holiday. Started out on the lawn area at the park, but we are in a drought situation and the digging was hard. Also out in the open the wind was tough. Moved to the wooded area where I have found a lot of silver coins. I hoped that with the vegetation killed by the freeze, I might be able to get to some new areas. After an hour or so, found a honeysuckle patch where I could get pretty close to the ground and got the 1952D Roosevelt. Went over to a spot where I found four Wash. quarters and got a solid 00-27. Wasn't sure about it, since I had found a lot of aluminum can ends like in the photo, and they sometimes give that type of signal. This one was 4 inches deep though and the can ends normally near the surface. Turned out to be a 1952 Franklin half. Total time was 2 hours and 15 minutes. Pic is everything I dug, except I dug (or picked up) about ten more of those can ends.

Doug, congratulations on those cool finds! I was just talking about this exact issue, how to find a half. Or why haven't I found more then two over the years.
Thanks for the numbers because I feel I am missing silver and have recently started digging 00-27.

Congrats on your first Franklin Half Doug!

Rich (Utah)

Sweetness!

I'm also waiting on my first silver half. My dream is for it to be a Franklin!

Way to go!