Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first full day hunt with R2. nothing great but did get 3 silvers..

hey all, finally got out for a full day of detecting with my new R2. Nothing earth shattering but did pull 2-1934,1926 mercs along with 7 wheaties and a copper lincoln. pretty much ran in 3 tone stock settings except I had the iron audio on 3 and did some adjustments with the gain throughout the hunt.. I really wish Makro would get the new wireless headphones out. Forgot just how much I hate using corded hps. I ended up just listening through the speaker the last hour or so.

You may want to try these..I have a pair coming for the racer..I think I can hunt better with these by not being tied to the detector. The deus spoiled me

Deteknix Wireless Headphones W3 with 1/8" Plug for Metal Detector
by Deteknix
5 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
Price: $87.95 & FREE Shipping
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.
Estimated Delivery Date: April 7 - 12 when you choose Standard at checkout.
Ships from and sold by The Detector Experts.

Transfer original, no distortion audio signal Only 0.06s delay Splash-proof structure
1 touch button control 6 hours working time Long spring cable Easy to attach & secure
USB rechargeable Light weight headphone No interference with VLF PI detectors

i have saw those. I also had the auvio wireless which worked really good before they broke. I have another set but i didnt have them charged up so had no choice but to use a wired set. I am really just hoping they get the new set working good(at least better than the bluetooth they had for the red racer) so I have a built in setup... just being picky i guess..lol

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
You may want to try these..I have a pair coming for the racer..I think I can hunt better with these by not being tied to the detector. The deus spoiled me

Deteknix Wireless Headphones W3 with 1/8" Plug for Metal Detector
by Deteknix
5 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
Price: $87.95 & FREE Shipping
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.
Estimated Delivery Date: April 7 - 12 when you choose Standard at checkout.
Ships from and sold by The Detector Experts.

Transfer original, no distortion audio signal Only 0.06s delay Splash-proof structure
1 touch button control 6 hours working time Long spring cable Easy to attach & secure
USB rechargeable Light weight headphone No interference with VLF PI detectors

"Only 0.06s delay"

this is 60ms which is quite high actually.....

I've tried a few (but none with the R2 as I'll wait for their wireless/reports)

I have tried the Sennheiser wireless headphones with KLEER uncompressed audio transmission....

and they weren't good enough....

the only wireless I've used that was 'flawless' were the proprietary CTX version from Minelab...
they spec the delay at .01s or 10ms which 'works'...perfectly....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Makro on this.....if they fail a second time it won't be good....

The White's V3i wireless are excellent with no delay. Just gotta use the V3i with them. :(

Tom Slick said:
The White's V3i wireless are excellent with no delay. Just gotta use the V3i with them. :(

Makes for an expensive set of headphones :tongue:

If Makro makes the wireless headphones with analog technology there should be an in-perceivable amount of delay, and they'd probably be easier on the batteries.