Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first full day out with e-trac

mblemmy

i was at the beach right at sunrise. runing in the beach preset detector seem stable. in auto sins. when i am in the dry sand seems to run around 22 when i go onto the wet sand i get a bit of falsing. i also notice that the sinsitivity still around 22 i never noticed it reduce. isnt it suppost to? with my excal. i get faint signals . with this machine it seems to ring in the same volume just a bit more erratic when deep. the etrac seems to catch items off the side of the coil better than the excal. especially after i have dumped the item out of the scoop onto the beach. easy to pinpoint but a bit trickier once item is close to the surface but not yet visable. will take a little bit to get used to.... no gold today........... maybe tomorrow.......... still got to tinker with it to get the best debth and stability. one thing noticed is when it is falsing it is 99% of the time a very low tone which is normally not a desireable target anyway.. i am going to try some of the setting changes you all suggest.

HAPPY HUNTING!!

mikeB

If you are going to use the Beach Program turn "Deep" to the "On" position. It will give you a few more inches of depth. By default it is Off. Also if you want your deep targets to sound deep then you will need to lower the "Gain" setting. I prefer the Deep targets to come in fairly loud so that I don't miss any of them. Actually pinpointing a shallow target is really easy with the E-Trac. Just sweep back and forth over the target and the signal will get smaller and smaller until it is a tiny little beep right over the target. It only takes about 3 sweeps to get to the tiny signal. If you are using the default Beach Mode settings the E-Trac will be in "Conductive" Audio Mode. Meaning high conductive targets give high tones and low conductive targets give low tones. Most gold rings have low conductivity so the Low tones are the ones that you are after. Most of the gold rings that I have found with the E-Trac so far have read between 12-1 and 12-12. Larger gold rings such as class rings will read higher. The Auto Sensitivity will change as it needs to. If it is running around 22 you may want to go into the Menu and change it from "Normal" to "Difficult' Ground. Also have you hunted this beach before? If so does it have a lot of iron targets? If so that may be what is causing some of your falsing and not the ground. If you have hunted this particular beach before and it does have a lot of iron you might also try changing the "Trash Density" from Low to High. By experimenting with the settings of Ground and Trash Density settings you may find a combination that helps with your falsing. The key is to determine what is causing the falsing.......mineralization or lots of rusty iron. Hope some of these suggestions help.

HH

Beachcomber

Beachcomber, Thank you for this:thumbup: