Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FIRST FULL WEEK OF HUINTING AFTER MOVING BACK TO ST.LOUIS !:detecting:

GOLDDIGGER

I am sure glad to be back digging OLD coins up again !
I remember having better days when the XS first came out that If you didn't find at least 6 SILVER in 8 hours you where having a BAD day!
Now you are lucky to get those 6 Silver in a Week!!
I also remember getting a Quater Slam in ONE DAY it also didn't take me a week to do it!
I dug the Standing Liberty up yesterday and got the Barber Last Saturday ,I found the Washignton today to complete the SLAM!!!!!
This is all the stuff I dug this week exept the CLAD and the Wheaties!!!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J. W. ENJOY THE PIC'S

Way to go Golddigger!! Glad to see you are back. Will have to get up there soon and go dig a few with you.

Keep up the great work

Or perhaps I'm thinking of a Grand Slam. That SLQ is about a sweet as they get.

Glad to see you back in the neighborhood. Maybe another Wisconsin road trip this spring?

Chris

n/t

Glad you're back in the area again...or at least much closer than you were.

I still say we can squeeze another silver or two out of a couple of those seedy parks:cool:

If my dad's health ever improves a little...I'm headin' your way:thumbup:

Hey JW nice finds. Glad to hear you are back in ST. Louis. I believe I was at the park with you on the day of the Quarter Slam. What a day that was. That 1917 standing lib. is sure pretty dude.:super:
Maybe we can get together for a hunt this spring.

HH BiLL IL

I'm interested to know ..... what was the average depth of these beautiful finds ???? Thanks Bill

Most of the coins where in the 6 to 9 inch range ! The Seated Quater was about 8 inches but the Standing Liberty was only about 6 inches !
Some of the wheats and Indians where close to 10 inches down !

Almost all of the signal where ones that had trash in the hole with the coin OR a nail or some type of IRON!!!
that is why they are still there!
I also am still useing the 10X12 inch S.E.F. COIL!!! It has not came off of my machine after I put it on last year when we went to BOSTON and I found all of those Large cents with it!!
It does a GOOD job in Iron and trash!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J .W.

All of the Silver will be gone by then!!!! HA!!
Hey I will let you know when I am heading your way and we can hook up!
I was over your way last weekend Raiding some of your Flatlanders spots up north!!!
Give me a call before the ground freezes up!!!
JIm

Call me if you get a chance and we will put on a RAID here in town!
Heck we dug some SILVER in town here Wensday at the OLD park !!!
Last I heard when I left town there where NO signals left to be found in town????
It is still the same as it always is here in town you have to get the Ground right for the signals to shine thru !!!!
Lets do it SOON!!
Jim

Thanks for answering my question about the depth of these coins and the extra info also helped ..... Getting back into detecting after a several year lapse from using a Spectrum and trying to learn the explorer is leaving me with far more questions than finds...... Hopefully that will begin to change soon....... I had actually forgotten how frustrating it was to dig down 8 to 10 inches and find a galvanized canning lid or a flattened pop can .....
But it's all coming back to me now .... aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh !!!!!! :rage: