Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold... And a diamond too!

It's very thin, only 10 K, and bent up a bit. Fairly sure the stone is a diamond but will have a jeweler I know take a look at it. Found it by a basketball court, in the mulch under a big old tree. I had the Golden uMax set to make that mixed quack-like sound on nickels, got a hit with this sound and it discriminated out right at the nickel mark on the dial... Turned out to be this ring instead.

This ring is the first gold I have found, not just with the uMax, but with anything! :beers:

Congrats! That is a great find and I bet your heart was pumping when you saw that thing!

n/t

Rainyday101 said:
Congrats! That is a great find and I bet your heart was pumping when you saw that thing!

Thanks! Yah, the heart was pumping, kept saying to myself, "this thing really works". Then I thought of all the nickel-like tones I might of passed over just because I did not want to dig more aluminum. In my area, when I get that nickel tone, it is more than likely a piece of wadded up foil, and only sometimes a nickel. I am still learning the subtle distinctions. For some reason I decided to dig this one... Glad I did.

Nothing like a nice ring to help the wife warm up to my new hobby. I showed it to her, she put it on and said, "this is nice, I love small, single stone diamond rings"

Now that's a big 'thrill' finding that gold ring. :thumbup:

tabman

Tesoroes are so good at finding Gold. congratulations on that nice find,

Now there you go.. Your first gold and diamond.. It is the real thing.. You can tell just by looking. A of course your wife likes it. Get it cleaned up real good and give it to her. She will tell you to go metal detecting more often.. Sure sounds like a good plan to me.. Always keep that disc knob turned down low. Yes, you will dig a hell of a lot of junk. Just think how it felt when you found that diamond ring. It makes it all worth it.. Try to keep it going slow and do not try to hunt a football field in one hour. Try to work just a small spot a little at a time. That is when you will find more of them rings and other goodies... WE are happy for you.. :clapping: