Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold find with Vista Gold

Ozgold

Hi everyone,
I am a new member from Australia to this forum and just wanted to share a picture of my first gold find with my new vista gold.
I do most of my hunting around old mine sites and mullock heaps and have found the vista excellent for picking the good targets from the iron trash.
Where i hunt gold the mineralisation is only moderate and it will be interesting to see how the vista copes with some highly mineralised soil but so far so good.
Cheers Paul

Wow! Very nice!

Congratulations!
Paul

Thanks guys
Heading back out tomorrow to hunt around some old mines so hoping to find some more gold or specimens and maybe even some old mining relics.
Will post any interesting finds with the vista :)
Cheers Paul

Nice for sure!!

25Khz does the trick !!

Keith

Hi Keith,
yes i am loving the 25khz it is great on the small gold and the depth is impressive as well.
I am actually picking up small bits of gold i can't get with my xterra 705.
Have just ordered the new 5x8 elliptical coil so can't wait to see what it can do.
Cheers Paul

Hi Pax
The ground i hunt gold is low to medium mineralisation and the vista gold copes well.
I have detected a couple of areas with loads of black sand and had no problems.
Have not used the vista on one of our really hot mineralised goldfields yet but will let you know how it goes.
I have found that i get better depth and sensitivity to small gold when i run in all metal with slow mode and boost on but
only when there is not much junk around otherwise i run in two tone.
Cheers Paul

thanks Ozgold ,looking forward to seeing your ongoing results in the gold fields. best of luck to ya