Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold of 2015 - gold fever bites again!

Ytcoinshooter

First gold of 2015 was this
lil 1 .dwt bugger that kept falling through my scoop.
We were visiting Tarpon Springs to visit my ailing father in law who's had a really rough time. I got in one 3 hour hunt at a county Gulf beach. Pretty barren of coins and keepers in and out of the water.
As great as it was being in Florida again, from my view at this time of the year where we were - this is "late to the party" detecting. This place was cleaned up after the peak season. I was the only one in swim trunks, tank and actually IN he water. The locals wear coats when it's under 70. I love the weather there. This is dental gold, a mangled crown. It stood up to the 14K acid, I tested once back in CT. I stopped by my jeweler friend who also tested it and said it is at least 16K. The shiny areas are where I took file to it so I could get a look at the true color of the metal.
Now that my 2015 has started I will soon put up a pick of 2014's better finds. We have blizzard conditions forecasted for January 27 so this start for 2015 is a fizzle and the ground is like cement. When the snow cover melts the beaches are huntable...with the chisel point rock hammer I ordered.
HH - Bruce

Great job Bruce. Getting off to a great start on the year. Gold in any form is awesome. Good luck.

Off to a great start.Hope your 2015 year is the best you ever had.Looking foward to your year end pics.Sorry about your father in laws health issuesHH

Outstanding Bruce! :clapping: That was a tough target huh? Like a small splitshot? Fall through your scoop a few times?

Man, sorry to hear about your Father in Law...

Real happy for you on being able to soak your bones in some salt water, get some sand between your toes, and get some early season gold!:clapping:
Mud

Congrats on your dental gold find!! Gold is gold in any form and that yella' stuff is always welcome anytime it 'pops up' or in this case, pops out....of someones mouth!!! Sorry to hear about your Father-In-Law's health problems and we all hope he makes a quick recovery and gets his strength back soon.

Great Start to a New Year. Congratulations. My Question is: Does the Gold Fever ever go away? Sure doesn't in my part of the world.

George, it never goes away for me. When I think about some of the things I've done in search of it, those who are not in the hobby would consider me crazy :spin:

Nice one yt.. welcome to the wonderful world of micro gold ha ha ha... that little stuff can drive you crazy till you get it out and exposed.... i would take a find like that any day... might be small but what it lacks in size it makes up for in purity..... congrats.

Nice going Bruce. You at least got your whistle wet, so to speak. Geez, "chisel point rock hammer." But a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. :rofl: HH jim tn

You are so right! Next month I'm going hunting for micro gold (and any larger bling) in the hotel zone at Cancun. Because the surf is so rough everywhere except the "top of the 7" I'll forgo my dedicated water detectors than don't always sound off much on gold chains and bring my ATPro. It has tested good on chains and has better target resolution in the lower end than my IDX Pro, but I dig all signals there. The minerals aren't a problem there so I'd be balancing out the salt when I get on any wet sand. A nice gold stud earring with genuine ice would be exciting.
I'll be thinking of all the micro stuff you've posted when I'm out on the hotel zone beaches.
HH - Bruce