Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold of the year and a V

Larbear2

Got my first gold of 2021 last night at a middle school, down about an inch, tangled up in the grass roots. The F70 was fluctuating high 20’s to the low 30’s. Weighs 4 grams, pendant is marked 10k, clasp on chain is marked 14k.
The night before I got a 1911 V nickel at an elementary school. Was searching near two large trees that were definitely older than the school buildings. It was farmland for a lot of years before the school was built. It gave a very nice signal on the F70, thought I was digging a Jeff nickel, 33 VDI, so was very surprised when it turned out to be a V.
Also got another of the dollar coins, #9 for the year.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice! Were you hitting pendant or the chain or do you know? Gold is gold tho...... good job!!!

Nice! Were you hitting pendant or the chain or do you know? Gold is gold tho...... good job!!!
I am thinking that the detector hit on the pendant and the clasp. From what I have read, the detector sees a chain as individual links. That chain is very thin and small so I don’t think that it would respond to a single link.
Thanks Ronstar, that was quite the April fools joke that you played on us!

I have a broken 14k ring I found (with F5), industrial lawnmower probably cut it in half. I think I got it by fluke but none the less..... I read same thing you read and when I first got F75 tried it in my yard. Nothing. Jkline tried it with his CTX3030 and nothing. Then last year I found that 20”x 1/4” 14k necklace and it hit it hard. Necklace was coiled up and basically in three 6” folds. Granted it was not a chain style.... I wonder if a chain had a knot in it if it would see it??? Interesting thought....